It's the highest scoring offense in MLB with the highest OPS. Go sell "tough" elsewhere.
The problem isn't with the lineup. It's with Bassitt, or hadn't you noticed?
Oakland's run differential, season to date, is -10. They are 21-15, which has to mean they are good at winning close games. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this game so far has been pretty close.
Another K on Devers almost exactly like the first one--a high fast ball out of the zone--and this time after a 3-1 count. Bassitt has his number. Ditto the Sox lineup.
Sometimes, astonishingly enough, it's because the other team's pitcher has both command and good stuff. Except for those two awful wild pitches in the 1st, Bassitt has looked tougher than Eovaldi, who seems to be out there for the exercise.
I think Eovaldi has shown five pitches tonight: fastball, cutter, slider, curve, and splitter.
And, whoops, there goes another rubber tree plant, by which I mean another walk.
Tonight the cutter is working better than the fast ball--it seems to have a little extra bite. Curve looks good too. But at this rate he's need 104 pitches to go 6 innings.