Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. OK. Finally, finally Cora is bringing out the good relievers. It's about time, that's all I have to say.
  2. Wow. Who knew JDM gets inserted in LF for his defense?
  3. I just love computers. In fact I'm using one right now--ditto when I use the phone, ipad, etc. But most of all I love them when opposing managers listen to their siren call and pull their starter when he is pitching well just because there's a man on first with one out and the top of the Sox order--who couldn't hit Quintana--is coming up for the 3d time. I believe I am correct in saying that Cora does not usually pull his starter when the opposing team is about to face him for the 3d time. Today Eovaldi faced 23 batters despite giving up 4 runs in the 2d. Well done, Alex--and Eovaldi. And Valdez, for that matter.
  4. Great grab by Gonzalez!!!
  5. This pitcher for the Angels is a gift from their idiot manager.
  6. I used to not like Maddon because of the sneaky stuff he pulled. But now I'm beginning to like him. That was such a great move to get rid of Quintana.
  7. Nah. Joe Maddon worked that particular piece of magic by pulling Quintana.
  8. Thanks, Joe, very much. You have given the Sox top of the order new life because, no doubt, your computer told you to never, ever let a pitcher go thru the order 3 times. Joe Maddon ties it up with a 3 run dinger by Devers!!!!!
  9. So, 1 out, 1 on, and we are back to the execrable top of the Sox order--so far, anyway. Me, I would have left Quintana in, but the all-seeing, all-knowing Joe Maddon is bringing in a fresh arm, who promptly got screwed on the sinker.
  10. Bottom of the order comes thru again. Chavis can be expected to K, but Devers too? And no help from the 3, 4, 5, and 6 hitters either.
  11. Still a good at bat, 11 pitches, by Gonzalez.
  12. He's always had a good arm and not much range--perfect for LF at Fenway. We've seen him make some good throws from RF too.
  13. Today we are seeing the old Chavis, the one who deserved not to start the season in Boston. That said, I think Quintana has pitched well despite the hits by Gonzalez, Plawecki, and Arauz.
  14. 7, 8, and 9 hitters get the first 3 hits, then 1, 2, and 3 hitters crap out. With Chavis it's expected, but not Devers.
  15. Baloney. Chavis is an embarrassment. So too are Chavis and Devers at bats with a man on 3b and no outs and then one out.
  16. Eovaldi covers 1b nicely.
  17. Meanwhile, Quintana looks every bit of a MLB starter. He doesn't have Eovaldi's heat, but he has what Eovaldi doesn't have: good breaking stuff and command.
  18. Absolutely not. Set up or closer, you need 2 good pitches, and Eovaldi doesn't even have 1. I am exaggerating of course because some days he does have good stuff.
  19. Well, that's certainly something to shoot at--a 4 run deficit.
  20. A couple more runs, and Eovaldi's ERA will go over 5.
  21. All four hits off fastballs. The one out on a slider. The HBP on the splitter.
  22. OK, maybe good grief Nate today.
  23. Ok, splitter not working.
×
×
  • Create New...