Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Astros have swung at a single pitch outside the strike zone.
  2. Both hits of sinkers, which ERod likes to throw almost as much as opposing hitters like to hit it. And a single off the changeup.
  3. I met Bob Feller not long before he died--on Memorial Day in downtown DC. He was enormously proud of his service in the Navy in WW II and had every right to be. Same day I met Robert Duvall, who had served briefly in the Army and was proud of his dad, a retired Rear Admiral who was buried at Arlington.
  4. There is nothing like a GIDP to get ERod back on track.
  5. Yankees now 5.5 back, losing their 4th straight while the Rays won their 5th straight. Sox now need to win their 4th straight to stay 1 back of the Rays. Come June, everything could change of course.
  6. Yankees have now lost 4 in a row, Rays have won 5 in a row, and the Sox have won 3 in a row. Need this win to stay 1 back of the Rays.
  7. I too don't hate the Yankees and in fact relish the rivalry, which over 120 seasons has definitely favored the Yankees. Two of the oldest cities in America with very different appeals. More to the point, I think the Rays are the better club and threat to the Sox and hope that--and I know it's still May--the Yankees can be a spoiler.
  8. Fewer pitches per inning. Ahem. Agree on all of course. Meanwhile, the Rays remain hot and are about to take their first in Yankee stadium--3-1 in the 9th.
  9. Terrific win! Marlins left between 6 and 7 thousand guys on base, scoring 1 of them.
  10. With just a little effort, Eovaldi can throw 100 pitches without going 5 innings.l
  11. How? The catcher clearly made a good tag before he got his hand on home plate.
  12. That's all we need--another Devers error
  13. Eovaldi hates success, especially an 0-2 count. He yearns to throw 100 pitches in as few innings as possible.
  14. Could not agree more. I'd even like to see roboplayers because the essence of baseball is getting rid of human error.
  15. I watched the replay and a whole bunch of pitches, which is probably why everyone but everyone lost track of the count. If none of the Tigers, including the manager, knew what the real count was (3-2, not 4-2), then to me it's a BB.
  16. The MLB site is now showing the Sox winning their last 2, so I agree. This also makes sense.
  17. According to the MLB site, this game is "delayed," which I think it means it will be completed later.
  18. Big hits, big bounceback by Perez, great score after 5 1/2. Agree with all who blamed umps for not stopping the game sooner.
  19. Poteet is killing the Sox hitters with that slider. Changeup not bad either.
  20. Nice start. 2-0 Marlins with no one out in the 2d.
  21. Can't argue with those points.
  22. Sox remain .5 behind the Rays, the Yankees are 1.5 behind the Rays, and the Jays 5 games back. Red Sox still have the MLB lead in runs scored and team OPS, but the Rays are 7 runs back (and have played 1 more game than the Sox). Yankees have the lowest ERA in the AL, the Rays the 3d best, and the Sox the 6th best. All three teams are road warriors so far: Sox 16-7, Rays 19-7, and Yankees 14-10. Rays are 12-13 at home, Sox 14-13, and Yankees 14-10. AL East has the best W-L record in MLB, but the NL West is gaining on them. The Rockies and Diamondbacks stink, but the Padres are at .640 and the Dodgers and Giants at .612. I think Kimmi has said she goes by run differential. That makes sense in the NL: Padres are +80, Dodgers +76, and Giants +56. But in the AL the leaders are White Sox (28-20) with +69, the Astros (27-22) with +55, and then the two best AL teams (Rays, 31-20; Sox 30-20) with + 50 and +49. Then Toronto, 3.5 games behind the Yankees, at +31. Finally, the Yankees (28-20) at +21.
  23. Playing time lasted 2.53, which is quick. Rain delay lasted 2:54, which means the game ended around 1 am, which is insanity. MLB or the umps must have decided to resume because both teams have today off. The WEEI guys said throughout the 2 game series the Braves are a good team and likely to win the NL East.
  24. "What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again, I'm laughing at clouds . . . let the stormy clouds chase everyone from the place, come on with the rain, I've a smile on my face." Pivetta gets a "complete" game.
×
×
  • Create New...