Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. This game is over. The Sox ain't gonna hit the ball, and Pivetta stinks.
  2. Wow. Righty batter, and he throws five straight fastballs, the last one right in the middle of the zone. No curve, no slider.
  3. Verdugo looks half awake out there, at bat and in the field.
  4. Not a huge Vazquez fan, but over time I do think he calls a good game. Except when I get mad because the pitcher is getting hammered.
  5. Meanwhile, Pivetta is still hoping to get a no-hitter.
  6. Hey, this is yesterday's lineup. You know, the guys who can't score runs other than with the odd, lucky dinger.
  7. I would bench Verdugo after that play. He carried the bat halfway to 1b, indicating he didn't much care what happened.
  8. Great bunt by Hernandez! Works even better when it looks like he is swinging the bat.
  9. WEEI guys say Pivetta should have been backing up 3b.
  10. More and more I get the impression that other teams are fine with singles--and get results--while the Sox are bitten with homeritis. Pivetta let getting to 1b, but still in time. Renfroe did not need to make that throw--no chance of getting him. I think he forgot it was 2 outs, so the runner on 1b was going with the crack of the bat.
  11. A little like watching Barnes: knuckle curve, fastball, knuckle curve, fast ball, etc. Now a slider, which Barnes doesn't need this year.
  12. Thanks. I have the sound off I did not know what Gonzalez left.
  13. Nice get by Bogey! Why is Pivetta acting as though he were going for a no-hitter?
  14. Dalbec in for Marwin. Hmmm. Love those 1 pitch groundouts when our guy is pitching. Knuckle curve uber alles.
  15. Lengthy treatises have been written about the importance of first pitch strikes and how the pitcher can build on one. Bogey swung at a first pitch fastball/sinker and parked it. Gonzalez observed his, then observed another lower, and finally swung at a changeup out of the zone.
  16. I had no idea Harper was that good in the outfield. Plus a great throw back to the infield.
  17. So Girardi's going with a little bait and switch. Interesting.
  18. Gotta love it when a Sox hitter goes after a first pitch strike and nails it!
  19. Knuckle curve by Pivetta working well and against a lefty hitter (Gregorius).
  20. Talk about a contrast in approaches. Pivetta is throwing everything at the top or in the middle of the zone. Finally, low and away for the K.
×
×
  • Create New...