Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. That said, it's also apparent the Rays bullpen, despite the calamity Friday night, is pretty doggone good.
  2. I got that wrong. Robles replace Davis, which made sense. We can quibble about pulling Whitlock too soon, but the fact is that Pivetta did 4 scoreless innings, so it's the hitting that stinks tonight.
  3. WEEI guys think it's a bad call, but apparently it's a ground rule double because it bounced off the wall, hit Renfroe, and went into the bullpen. Pivetta pitches his heart out and the lineup looks like a bunch of zombies.
  4. On the other hand, by pulling Whitlock after 4 outs, Cora set up this agonizing situation in which Pivetta, who pitched 4.2 innings on Thursday, is now pitching his 4th inning.
  5. I would have left Whitlock out for the 8th, but Robles has been terrific in September and October.
  6. I don't agree the bullpen blew it. They've gone 7 innings giving up 2 runs against a very good offense. Eovaldi did well to go 5 giving up 2 runs. The Sox hitters meanwhile have gone 7 innings without scoring.
  7. Robles had 15 straight clean relief appearances, including 2 in the postseason. Last time out against the Yankees, Whitlock gave up a dinger.
  8. Devers and Franco, both young guys from Dom Rep, love their chewing tobacco.
  9. WEEI guys going ape on that horrible call, but Pivetta got him anyway.
  10. Two great plays by the Rays on the 3d out.
  11. No way should Schwarber play 1b again as long as Dalbec--hitless in 10 postseason at bats--is available. Defense is what we need.
  12. We are reliving the 2018 WS game 3 that went 18 innings.
  13. I'll bite. Who would you have used instead?
  14. Dalbec can hit and is better at 1b than Schwarber, but I like Verdugo in LF. I'm fine with whatever Bloom and Cora decide.
  15. I haven't misinterpreted you. You prefer Rizzo, who plays for the Yankees, and simply can't give Schwarber any credit. Feel free to cite examples when you said something good about Schwarber.
  16. Of course he'll do that. His bat is invaluable, and I'd rather have him at 1b than in the outfield. Right now, I'm thinking it make make sense to keep JDM for one more year as well. Thus my rant about Cora playing both of them in the field in a NL park, the bat is mightier than the glove.
  17. I'm white and unoffended. Some of us are indeed slow.
  18. Agree, but Kittredge has had something to do with that. The Rays bullpen, Friday's game notwithstanding, is pretty good.
  19. It is not a virtue to stick with a judgment which has proven to be incorrect.
  20. You did say, "Schwarber looks like an amateur at first base," and I quoted that. And I vehemently defended Schwarber being in the game at 1b, which no one else did.
  21. I like him too, but defer to Bloom, moonslav, and a bunch of guys on his future value. Two GIDP's in 2 at bats by Plawecki.
  22. Yep. This time Cash is more than willing to use his bullpen to the max. Kittredge is tough.
  23. The WEEI guys talked about it. The guy is human. They say he is well liked in the clubhouse. Too bad he isn't much liked on talksox.
  24. Yes and no. Those are indeed my words, but they are in reaction from a bunch of folks, you included, who appear to think that defense is all that counts. One of you opined that Schwarber and JDM should simply never be in the same lineup. Another--you, I believe, said Schwarber is an amateur at 1b despite his grabbing the pickoff throw in the dirt. I thought his toss was horrible, but I also seem to be the only one who thinks Schwarber's hitting far outweighs any defensive faults. Hitting>>>>>>>>>>>fielding.
  25. I am certain that Bloom took a look at Rizzo and went for Schwarber instead. Are you saying he's stupid and you should be the GM (or whatever Chaim's title is)?
×
×
  • Create New...