Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Excellent points. I'm a little less optimistic this season because I'm not sure the recent brilliant run--6 games, 6 wins--by the rotation is sustainable. I also suspect the lineup will struggle until both Abreu and Bregman return. Longer term, I agree the Sox are on the right track. Beyond question Breslow screwed over Devers by lying to him and then going public when Raffy said he wouldn't play 1b. The trade was necessary because Devers and Breslow were both displeased--plus dumping that $330M contract for a DH also makes sense. Devers has just said he's willing to play anywhere for the Giants, which to me confirms that Breslow mishandled Raffy and disregarded what Cora thought (leave him at DH this season).
  2. So far Devers has driven in 1/2 as many runs as the Sox have scored in 14 innings. Nice play by Mayer.
  3. Rookie Mayer gets the first hit, a very solid line drive to RF. All season long the Sox have hit lefties better than righties. It does not help that Bregman and Abreu are on the IL. Devers drove home one of 2 Giant runs so far. With a double.
  4. I disagree. He doesn't need the money. He does like to show a profit, and it helps to have good players to sell the product. Crochet is the priciest Sox pitcher since Sale was signed in, what, 2019? Bregman's getting $40M.
  5. Meanwhile Woo is hitting his spots--not all the time--and has a good mix of pitches. Thus a no-hitter after 4 IP.
  6. Not sure I agree. He was awful in the 2d inning, but not too shabby in the 3d and gave up no runs in the 1st or 3d innings. His stuff looked a lot better in the 3d inning. It's a good bet we lose this one because of those 5 runs, but I'm not ready to write him off.
  7. It's better than the Yankees offense. Also, Mayer hit 2 dingers to win one game, and Anthony had a 2 run double to hit another. Both of them out hit Devers in the first five games of this streak. We need everyone to hit at least some of the time. Meanwhile, Buehler is throwing crap and the Mariners are up 5-0. He had nothing tonight and everyone in the ballpark knew it.
  8. Something we need to remember about Raffy. He's a fascinating story that still has legs. The sportscasters and writers can talk/write about him endlessly.
  9. Missing Bregman and Abreu and kind of missing Devers, who was 3/18 in the first 5 games of the streak. I think the hitting will bounce back.
  10. Amen. The team he left behind is an exciting team to watch and root for.
  11. We've also been missing Bregman and and Abreu during the current 6 game winning streak. So I seriously doubt your 3 runs per game coming up and that Devers was why it was 4.84. Did you know his OPS slipped 80 points while Bregman was out?
  12. Perhaps. If so, he sure ain't the first in MLB. Maybe getting there was just too easy for him. I like the Sox he left behind, especially if the pitching holds up. I think the Sox have plenty of hitting without Raffy. They are back over .500 without Bregman and Abreu.
  13. Love the changes since opening day--shows how easy Cora's job is. Thunder in Seattle is pretty amazing. Is he the one who got the win last night?
  14. Devers did almost nothing to win those 6 straight games. Rookies Mayer and Anthony each did more than Devers. I'm a Devers fan and think Breslow screwed him, but this trade makes all kinds of sense to me. Devers never started a single game this season; and it's the turnaround of the rotation that has also turned this season around. Devers was a bystander. I think he had a good year--OPS .905 and 3d most rbi's in MLB--for the Sox, but I'm glad his salary is gone. Also the animosity on both sides.
  15. They could trade Bregman if he says he wants to go elsewhere next season. That's far-fetched, but possible. I agree that this team should not be sellers this season. Thanks to the pitching, the postseason is no longer just a hope.
×
×
  • Create New...