Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. Speaking of weird names, Chone Figgins always annoyed me.
  2. WAR is also confusing because it differs on each site http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/29212/pablo-sandoval http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/32144/josh-rutledge http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/33431/marco-hernandez http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/32660/deven-marrero But yes, they all suck and none of them are ideal options. And by 3B options, I meant just Pablo/Rutledge/Marrero as Marco is done for year and Holt is an unknown at this point.
  3. Another rain delay? Jesus Christ.
  4. Doesn't even seem like Marrero even has good AB's, he's always striking out or hitting the ball weakly.
  5. As bad as Marrero has been, he somehow still leads the team in WAR among our 3B options... That's how horrible all these guys have been. Pablo has somehow been the worst of the bunch, which is really impressive.
  6. This pitcher is struggling with command, walks Pedroia, hits Xander, so Young decides to swing at 1st pitch and pop up... Awesome.
  7. I agree. I'd probably put Betts 1 though as I think he is one of the most valuable players in all of baseball, and he plays every day, but I wont argue against Sale, he's a stud. Rest of list I agree with.
  8. I don't think anybody is "okay" with Marrero at 3B, he's been unbelievably bad at the plate. But he's still somehow been better than Pablo because he actually plays defense, and he also doesn't have an absurd contract. Our 3B situation is atrocious, but Marrero I guess has been the least shittiest of all the dog s*** we have.
  9. I'm only 3 hours from Virginia. We can all have a talksox party in Virginia!
  10. Crofton, MD isn't much more exciting lol. I just haven't had the work schedule to watch many games, and weekends I don't usually have time to sit down and watch game aside from Sunday day games as its only time to hang out with my friends who are back from college... and of course almost every Sunday we play at 8 pm..
  11. Multiple people want/wanted JBJ traded.. Ill never understand it, but it'll continue to be a discussion.
  12. You know a guy is good when through the midway point he has a 3.2 WAR and its been a disappointment. Mookie obviously hasn't been as good as I would've hoped but he's still been very good and I still think he has a big hot streak coming. He's always been a 2nd half hitter.
  13. I haven't been able to sit down and watch a full game in like a week. Am actually kind of excited to be able to do so lol.
  14. I know Marrero has somehow probably been the best option. But his hitting has gotten so atrocious he's not even a plus anymore, even with his defense. You just can't continue trotting a guy out there hitting .160, OBP under .200 and an OPS under .500. At least his -0.2 WAR is slightly beating out Rutledge (-0.4) and Pablo (-0.9)!
  15. I was talking about strictly this series. Obviously the 3B over the course of the season have hurt us. But regardless. I'm still against moving XB off SS, especially with the 3B of the future waiting in the minors.
  16. And would a 3B really change that? The guys who are supposed to be hitting aren't hitting.
  17. I swear Farrell does this every f***ing game. Now bullpen has to come into s***** situation
  18. Fister shouldn't be out there for another inning.. He'll probably get hammered and put this game out of reach.
  19. Not much more you can hope for from a pitcher like Fister. Ill take 6 innings 3 runs.
  20. The only thing I trust Marrero at the box to do is make outs. He is beyond horrendous at the plate. Still probably our best option though.
×
×
  • Create New...