Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. There is literally 0 chance the Sox can afford Cole. He is likely getting a contract in the range of $250-300 million.
  2. I don't think Price is movable with his contract, unless we eating almost all of the money, and/or including premium talent. Its probably not going to be worth it to trade him. I think we all knew the Price contract would have some bad years on it and they're just gonna have to deal with it. This is why long term contracts, especially for players in their 30's are dangerous, but overall, I think Price's contract can be viewed as a success. He was incredibly clutch in the playoffs and helped them win a world series. Eovaldi on the other hand is looking like a horrendous investment.
  3. I really hope the Nats pull this off. Also, holy f***, Juan Soto is GOOD
  4. 1. Trading Benni this off season makes no sense. He's still cheap and selling low on someone with his talent would be stupid. 2. Hard pass on Puig. He's mediocre fielder and is more trouble than he's worth. He's been in multiple altercations with teammates, caused numerous issues, been suspended numerous times, etc. I like Puig, but I prefer watching him on other teams and thinking its funny, I don't necessarily want to watch those issues on the Red Sox
  5. I obviously expected the Dodgers to roll over the Nationals pretty easy, but man is Juan Soto good, and only 20 years old. Nationals have a special player.
  6. Anyone but Yankees.
  7. Don’t they still have Upton under contract? And all indications are they don’t want Ohtani playing in the field. They kind of need the DH spot for all those bad declining contracts they have.
  8. The thing with JD is - how many teams can really even sign him? I doubt an NL team wants him playing outfield full time. Is he willing to move positions to say 1B? Twins have Cruz, Yankees have a lot of injury prone guys and I'm sure don't want to commit to a full time DH in JD. Astros are pretty stacked all over the place, and I doubt teams like the Tigers, Royals, and Orioles, who are all rebuilding would make a move? I don't know, that is something else to consider.
  9. It's almost comical how many people are acting as if JD Martinez wouldn't be a huge loss for this team. JD may only be a DH, but his bat is one of the best and most dangerous in the league. I also keep seeing comments that are implying JD was bad, I mean he did regress.. but lets not act like he didn't slash .304/.383/.557 with 36 homers and 104 RBI. Who is going to replace his production? If we are letting him go its most likely to save money, so it'll likely be someone s***** from free agency or someone s***** in our system. You guys prepared for a Gorkys Hernandez or Curtis Granderson level DH?
  10. But regardless. 2nd place isn’t terrible I guess. Good battle whoever I went up against, I’m not sure who is who because yahoo names are different names, but that was pretty crazy. Also, just want to give shoutouts to whoever dropped Josh Donaldson, Trey Mancini, Dee Gordon, Whit Merrifield, Joey Votto and Vlad Jr. they all played pivotal roles for me late in the season, and in playoffs.
  11. But you know how you get those app alerts that way like “your team defeated ___) 6-4!” I got that update at like 5 am. Then it said I lost a few hours later.
  12. I don’t get the people who are excited for JD/Mookie to be gone. Those are two fantastic players and losing them instantly makes us way worse
  13. I don’t understand what Yahoo is doing or what happened. But when I went to bed I had won 6-4 and even gotten an email confirming I won, and congratulating me. They I see it’s a tie and lost on a random tie breaker? Awesome, Yahoo, awesome.
  14. Pirates also fired Clint Hurdle
  15. Suggestion for next season - I think it would be much better if we ended our fantasy season at least a week or two before real life season ends. Similar to how in fantasy football, most leagues don’t count week 17, due to all the players resting and not pushing injuries. In my championship matchup, me and whomever I’m playing have had so many guys get shut down, or get extra rest. I had to drop Trout before our matchup due to him shutting it down early with Angles being eliminated. Correa, Vlad Jr and etc have basically been shut down as well.. and my opponent literally has like 4 starting pitchers who got scratched from their starts due to their teams being eliminated and Rockies shut down Arenado on him lol. We had to adjust to this in my fantasy basketball team a few years ago when me and my opponent on last Wednesday of NBA season had KD, Lebron, Beal, Wall, and others “rest” or be “shut down”. Again not a complaint, just a suggestion. I appreciate all the effort put into the league by A700 and everyone. Hopefully my team can finish off this last Sunday strong.
  16. I mean ill follow it, but when the Red Sox season ends, my desire to watch usually does too. Just anyone but Yankees.
  17. Why the hell does Chris Owings play every day?
  18. Sure thing.
  19. I don't want them pitching in so many high leverage situations, but Taylor and Walden are decent middle relievers.
  20. This site for whatever reason has issues uploading videos, and sometimes even photos, the easiest work around would honestly probably just be to upload the video to Youtube, then post the link to the video here.
  21. He’s a journeyman with a 5 ERA. He sucks
  22. They could’ve easily won that game, and that no call on Claypool was bad. Should’ve been pass interference.
  23. Josh Smith is in his own tier of s*** though. He is horrible
  24. I know the game it doesn’t matter, but Josh Smith f***ing SUCKS
  25. Oh yeah? Look what my star closer Felipe Vazquez did!
×
×
  • Create New...