Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

illinoisredsox

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    8,210
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by illinoisredsox

  1. Well maybe Sale said something privately. Maybe they noticed something last time out. The one thing none of us armchair managers know is the little day to day things that real managers know about. One other possiblity coming of be the Price factor and slotting him in on a 5 day schedule.
  2. Who would you have put in? Keep your n mind everybody in the pen was used last night,
  3. Sonwhat would you have done differently?
  4. Well his ERA is about the same as Kendricks' so he's got that going by for him.
  5. What did he do? This was not a favorable matchup despite Gray's having a less than stellar year.
  6. I'm not saying he shouldn't be moved out of the cleanup spot, but who do you put in there? It's not like this team has been raking top to bottom with one guy not hitting. Hanley would be a good choice if he's healthy, but is he? Betts would be the other possibility, but he's so good in the #1 hole I would be hesitant to move him. So who?
  7. Just throw strikes; if they hit the ball, then they hit the ball.
  8. Well I guess I was right on this one, albeit later than I thought it might be.
  9. Hadn't realized they put Abad in Leon's #7 slot.
  10. 7 relievers plus Porcello. They have Taylor left, unless Pomeranz is available for duty. And they have to ph for Abad to lead off the 12th. Not a well managed game bullpen wise IMO.
  11. After a couple innings I remembered I could get the game via WatchESPN. David Ross has been very interesting as s color guy tonight. Lots of insight on the thought process of getting hitters out and pitch selection.
  12. When you're going bad, nothing gets through.
  13. Well I guess if it goes extras we put our faith in Ben Taylor.
  14. I remember Grichuk from the Little League World Series; I think he played in 2 of them, which is very unusual for a US player
  15. Now I really don't like the Kelly move.
  16. I don't like the Kelly move here. 6-7-8 up next inning and he is capable of giving multiple innings. I'm thinking he maybe should have been saved for possible extra innings.
  17. Porcello has to get a little credit here; nowhere near his best stuff but hung around and kept the score manageable.
  18. So who would you put in? Call it ahead of time, not after you know the result of the move.
  19. Damn the Cardinals and their effing blackout territory. I knew last night would be blacked out here but I figured an ESPN broadcast wouldn't be. Hasn't been anything that carries around here in years.
  20. Give it up moon, his mind is made up. Nothing will change it.
  21. Don't like using Hanley here; I would consider having Pomeranz ph and sacrificing.
  22. Okay, who pitches the 8th? Do you trust Barnes? Dare to use Kelly back in STL? Leave Hembree in? My guess is Barnes.
  23. JBJ has always been an outfielder; outfielders tend to have a longer throwing motion. Betts has a quicker release because he used to be an infielder.
  24. Rodriguez needs to bear down here; they will probably ph for him next inning.
  25. Doesn't Sale usually pitch to Leon? Also, Sale knows what he wants to do. Every pitch has a purpose. He's pitching, ERod is throwing.
×
×
  • Create New...