Yankees have 4 runs on 6 hits, including the 3 run dinger. The Sox have 3 hits--three bare singles--and 2 runs and are still in this game. That, ladies and gents, comes from aggressive baserunning and not being overly cautious because you might be thrown out.
I don't know, but sure looks like a lot of risky baserunning out there tonight. Bogaerts could have been nailed at 3b and Devers at home.
Hopefully, some day our guys we learn to play it careful.
OK, the fix is on. I have never seen such one-sided calls as we are seeing tonight. Sale gets no corners. Sabathia gets an outside pitch called a strike--well outside.
Lineup almost exactly last nights but with Leon in for Vazquez batting 8th.
Nunez
Betts
Benintendi
Ramirez
Young
Bogaerts
Devers
Leon
Bradley
I know the AL East isn't in the bag, but I also,track the Inidians--we are 3 games ahead of them--and the Astros, who are 4 1/2 ahead of us.
Darn right. JBJ should be fined for scoring the winning run from 1b on a double of the green monster. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Or just maybe great baseball.