Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Just a reminder that, even though everyone of us is familiar with all kinds of stats, baseball can build tension like you wouldn't believe. In it's purest form it's hitter vs pitcher although I think the Sox benefitted from better defense than the Twins. Ain't it something how Duran plays CF like he belongs there? Of course I prefer Rafaela, but he's also pretty good at 2b and allows Cora to put 3 lefty bats in the outfield. Anthony, Duran, and Abreu has 6 of the Sox 10 hits tonight. Duran and Abreu had the only Sox doubles. And Anthony came through like champ in the 9th. Just 6 days ago Anthony struck out 4 times against the Phillies.
  2. Well, yes, you can. Chariots of Fire. Of course I agree with you.
  3. My goodness, gracious is Anthony finding his way. Duran's ERA is 1.86 (or something higher now).
  4. Now we know why Hamilton was brought back up. Good golly, miss molly.
  5. Toro walks. Come on, guys. Reliever Duran is really tough.
  6. Not a bad description. Tonight I thought he was telegraphing his pitches.
  7. The Sox are ranked 4th in MLB in quality starts (6 IP, no more than 3 ER) with 47, 41 of which were thrown by the current rotation: Crochet 14, Bello 10, Giolito 9. Buehler 6, and Fitts 2. The 2021 Sox had 39 quality starts for the entire season.
  8. Yoshida is an expensive mistake. The others are bargain basement. Why am I absolutely, positively the only one who predicted the Sox defense would improve and now repeatedly point out actual examples? Idee fixees capture this board and just won't go away.
  9. The Twins are 29-22 on their home field. OTOH, they have stunk since the ASG.
  10. His lifetime OPS with the Sox is .800. He is just unbelievably injury prone. He missed a bunch last season because of swinging the bat and this year it was running to 1b. 2 on, 1 out for the Twins in the 7th. I suspect the Sox bullpen is tired.
  11. Anyone's guess. After Devers left, the notion was that Yoshida and Ref would be a great combo at DH. But Yoshida's OPS vs righty pitchers is .450.
  12. I think Story is turning back into a pumpkin--at the plate. At SS he's still good.
  13. Meh. I think Devers was gone the day Bregman was announced as the Sox third baseman. I can't claim to have seen it then and in fact liked Devers as the Devers as the DH. FWIW, the Giants have had a losing record with Devers and the Sox have had a winning record without him. The Sox spent a lot on Bregman, Crochet, Chapman, and Buehler. Alcala escapes from the 6th while giving up just 1 run.
  14. I agree Fitts got pounded and was very lucky to get out with just 2 runs off him. On the other hand, when did it become horrible when the opposing team hits into double plays? Aren't those supposed to be good things? And who wouldn't want his pitcher to get a grounder with the bases full and just 2 outs. What I've read is that Breslow doesn't want to give away Duran for a pitcher no better than Buehler. Duran would absolutely make the Padres while they just give up a dipstick starter and a catcher at the A level in the minors.
  15. Anthony K's against some really good pitches. Duran sure seems to like CF. Ain't that nice? On the other hand, it would be better to trade him away for a lousy starter, which is what the mods recommend. I'm serious. Read the article.
×
×
  • Create New...