Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Enough. I am way too old for this.
  2. Dermody may have a 5.28 ERA, but he is having no problem with out guys. Two easy-peasy innings, just like that. A walk in the fens.
  3. I would have batted Travis for Moreland.
  4. Everyone, please note Nunez lack of a pump fake or other motion before throwing. That is how you do it at 3b, but not how Devers does it. I think it's a confidence thing.
  5. Hembree looks sharp. One more out and that's 8 scoreless by the bullpen. But the lineup is doing their share too--they're now scoreless in 12 of 13 innings.
  6. No, I think his bat told him it needed a break. No swinging. When a hitter does contortions to help persuade the ump a strike is really a ball, that's all you need to know. These days Bogie does that about half the time.
  7. HanRam looked completely in charge, but still hit a harmless fly to RF. Fast ball, center, outside part of the plate. 13 innings, 5 singles, 2 doubles, and a miraculous 2 run rally in the 9th.
  8. Terrible at bat by Mookie--clueless against a lefty.
  9. Looks like Marrero at 2b if we don't win this inning.
  10. Young, our secret 13th inning weapon. Really?
  11. I thought you already had started that one. This game makes me think there might be a smidgen of hope this year. ERod had a quality start and especially had a strong first inning for a change.
  12. OK. Maddox is now one tough hombre. He didn't give an inch to Pillar, who had 2 hits tonight was very determined.
  13. I should have, but instead worked my usual 9 1/2 hour day. And you?
  14. Holt had time for a quick smoke on that popup.
  15. Is it really the 13th inning and am I really still up?
  16. There is no question in my mind that the recovery is ongoing. Pedey has yet to play 2 days in a row.
  17. I defended Machado's slide, but no question it hurt Pedey and the Sox.
  18. It's gotta be the knee, and I'll bet it was self-reported.
  19. Nice. 3b and Nunez were made for each other. And no, I am not getting off the Devers train. It's just that right now, September 5 in the heat of a pennant race that daily adds to the pressure, Devers struggles at the bat and in the field--to say nothing of his age and very rapid ascent to Boston--justify what Farrell is doing. Good. Leon vs. a righty.
  20. Isn't Maddox new and didn't hit get a scoreless inning last night?
  21. Maddox is our 5th reliever and is working on the 6th inning of scoreless relief by the bullpen. As delighted as I was with the 2 run 9th, it was the result of one hit, one walk, and timely groundouts. The Sox hitting remains a question mark.
  22. The risk of the ever popular sacrifice bunt.
  23. No Pedroia just missed that dinger that went foul. Ramirez popped up to the infield, which means his bat went nowhere the sweet spot. It is a truism that good pitchers excel by getting hitters to hit their pitch. That fast ball was inside.
  24. Saw that coming when Bogie took those two strikes, one of them a fastball in the dead center. Plus of course he has been a sucker for an outside slider all season long.
  25. Just when we need a smart at bat, we get a putz named HanRam who couldn't wait to swing at any old pitch--and pop up of course.
×
×
  • Create New...