Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Cora is so dumb. 13-2 so far is no excuse for his innumerable incompetencies.
  2. Mook is day to day. X is on the DL and one commentator says the Sox should not bring him back too quickly, which makes sense to me. I hope Cora leaves Lin at SS until Bogie is healed. Then move Lin to 2B or, worst case, primary backup infielder.
  3. Great, great win in tough conditions. I love the way Sale plays the game with an absolute minimum of fuss. Almost never shakes off a signal. Fields his position beautifully and is fast to 1b. Today that skinny guy wore short sleeves and toughed it out for 93 pitches and 5 innings and 1 run. Great bullpen work too by Hembree, Barnes, and Kimbrel. 9 hits but none of them by our three righty bats (JD, Hanley, and Vazquez. Cora got that right when he went with the 6 lefty bats. I sure hope the FO will reconsider sending Lin back to Pawtucket when Bogie returns. 13-2 with 13 of 15 solid (if not quality--that takes 6 innings) starts and the hitting looking pretty dadgum good. If the bullpen comes around, these guys just might amount to something this year. !!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Great throw, but great slide by Beni. I'm fine with any call because it was really close.
  5. It sure is. He looked like he knew what he was doing out there.
  6. Hembree, Hembree, he's our man! If he can't do it, nobody ..... well, hopefully, Cora brings in another arm. Meanwhile, a great 2 innings.
  7. Hembree with 5 straight outs. What was I thinking when I called him a frightener? Plus he got that K on a slider.
  8. Cora inserted 6 lefty bats into the lineup today, and boy did that work great. Our righty bats, including two hot hitters, JD and Hanley, could not hit diddly, at least in their first three at bats. All 7 hits came from lefty bats.
  9. Actually, it was probably the best thing he could do because he sure as heck wasn't going to hit it. He struck out.
  10. Three righty bats in the lineup today and all three have been worthless except Vazquez catching, but he just struck out with a man on 3b and 1 out. And lefty Devers did it with 0 outs.
  11. Gotta agree with that, and I'm the one who called them wusses. These are the same guys who have scrapped in every game so far.
  12. I woulda left him, but I think you and Cora are right. Now if Hembree can just get one more out. He did!!!!
  13. Who's that masked man making a nice (not great) grab in LF?
  14. Good old Hembree, all fast balls all the time. They singled off one of them? I'll fix that with more fastballs.
  15. Speaking of frankenstein, one our bull pen frighteners just took the mound.
  16. What's that line from Young Frankenstein? It's Alive! It's Alive!
  17. An out, but a great swing by HanRam! Also, a tie game!
  18. Could be right, but no one on talksox said anything like that before the game started.
  19. That's two B player hits out of our three today.
  20. We just see baseball differently, I guess. So far this has not been a long game time-wise. As for missing A players, I understand Bogie and Betts are injured. Am I misinformed? Moreland has one of our two hits, a double, so hard to give him a B. And righty Nunez, I feel confident, would bring zippo to this lineup and not much more to the infield.
  21. I never find 1 run games boring.
  22. All Sox righties are helpless against that slider it seems, so Nunez is unlikely to have helped. JD and Hanley have already demonstrated their helplessness against Bundy.
  23. Bunch of wusses in the lineup today.
  24. Our righties are helpless against that slider.
×
×
  • Create New...