Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Meh. I think he was just trying to get out of the 8th without using the bullpen because he was expecting extra innings. Plus Price had gone 7.2 innings while holding the A's to 1 run and needing less than 100 pitches. After "once 2 reached," the next batter was Lowrie, who had been killing us. Price struck him out. Why are you so sure Carson Smith, the guy in the bullpen, would have done as well? My guess is, had Lowrie hit a double and drive in just one run against Carson Smith, the chorus would now be, "why did Cora take Price out when he had pitched so well for 7.1 innings and brought in Carson Smith of all people?"
  2. Not sure I agree, moonslav. I think it's obvious this season is pretty much over when you can lose 2 of 3 to the A's.
  3. I believe I am correct in saying the A's had one lefty bat in their lineup. Yes, 2 men on, but also 2 outs. And, as I said, if whoever came in had given up just a single to bring in the go ahead run, the chorus would become, "why did Cora take Price out? He had gone 7.2 and given up just 1 run." Carson Smith was in the bullpen, and he is the same guy who gave up a walk and game-winning triple in the 8th inning of game 1 of the season.
  4. Not sure I understand all the sound and fury directed at Cora. I would have sent Price out to pitch the 8th in a heartbeat. He needed like 81 pitches to go thru 7 innings, so he should not have been tired. And he'd held the Athletics to 1 run in 7 innings. I'm disappointed in the loss but think the Oakland pitching, as was the case last night, was the biggest part of our problem. Oakland likes to throw a lot of breaking balls and they like to keep the ball low. Our guys like fastballs and can't seem to keep the ball low with any consistency unless it's to throw it into the dirt.
  5. I watched the whole darn thing and today am undismayed. Youk has it right. By the way, I hope you know that you own the name of the "greek god of walks" in an era of aggressive at bats which seem to be paying off. "Super, Duper Moderator" works, however.
  6. Meh. Someone quoted a manager who said a team is only as good as its next starter. Well, right now it's kind of cool to know that Price is up tonight and Porcello leads off in Toronto. We got beat fair and square last night by a guy who was already having a terrific season but was even better last night. But today I'm already looking forward to the game. We got a good team, way, way, way better--so far, anyway--than I ever expected. Last night it was kind of neat to see a lot of comments giving credit to Menaea who deserved them. Our guys have gotten what seems like a zillion big hits already this year, so a no-no doesn't really bother me that much.
  7. Agree with Kimmi--and you. Nice.
  8. Ball game. No-no. Ends a nice streak by the good guys. That's baseball. Great game by Manaea.
  9. This season to date Manaea has been equally effective against righties and lefties. I would almost argue his changeup is his best pitch, and of course it works best against righties.
  10. Manaea is no-hitting the Sox, and he came into this game with an ERA under 2 and averaging 7 innings per start. Tonight he looks pretty darn good to me.
  11. He's thrown some hittable pitches, but he has got everyone off balance. He got a K against one guy (JD?) with two 92 mph fastballs near the center of the zone. That changeup he throws is a killer, and he's pretty good at keeping the ball low. I think the Sox had a couple of hard hit outs, but that's what it takes for most no-hitters. I hope there is a rally in the 9th, but will understand if there isn't.
  12. Most of us recognize that a) we have a pretty darn good team; and that Manaea is pitching one heckuva game. I see just one person wanting to throw the team and the manager under the bus.
  13. You mean, do I like to rant with inane suggestions like bench everyone and pull the starter? No.
  14. This is the third time and the Sox remain hitless and scoreless. Are you watching the same game?
  15. What the hell is the point in that? Manaea is going to shut us out with maybe a no-no.
  16. He's a lefty who doesn't really have a good changeup.
  17. When they are patient, they K.
  18. I don't disagree with that call. Could have gone either way maybe, but he sure looked outside the basepath.
  19. Looks better second time thru.
  20. And Sale ain’t got it tonight.
  21. He is definitely doing that. No hitter thru three innings.
×
×
  • Create New...