Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Back on my old hobby horse. Eovaldi is pitching well for the 5th time this month with Plawecki catching. The one time this month Vazquez caught Eovaldi was a disaster.
  2. It's the only Sox run in a very important game.
  3. Pretty good numbers, 4 AB’s vs chances for a good left fielder to make a difference. Thanks. I don’t care as much as you about the defense, but right now the Sox pitching scares me.
  4. Cora isn’t. The team, especially the bullpen, is playing scared. And win one for the Gipper doesnt work in MLB.
  5. This is the best defensive lineup he can field. The Sox are leaking runs all over the AL East. It’s mostly the pitching, but the defense has been soft too. Plus the only good bat not in the lineup is Schwarber, a lefty bat vs a lefty Orioles starter.
  6. For one thing, Plawecki is catching.
  7. I think it is beyond question the Sox are playing tight. Forget recency. They are scared, especially the bullpen, but I suspect the defense as well.
  8. You read my mind.
  9. Dalbec's defense has clearly improved this season, and he can also hit (cumulative OPS of .822). Plus, if the Sox hang onto Schwarber, he can back up at 1b. But the real point to me is this. Why haggle over who's better, Casas or Dalbec, when the real problem with this team is pitching? If Casas really has potential, I say trade him for a pitcher with potential.
  10. I think arguing about hitting is silly when this team's obvious problem is with its pitching.
  11. I agree the season to date has been better than expected during spring training. I don't think the Sox have quit in any way shape or form. I do believe, however, that they are no longer the team that led the AL East and the AL back in July (and for most of April-June). And the reason for that is pitching, pure and simple. Other teams have it, but the Sox don't. That means the Sox have trouble hitting other teams pitching, but other teams don't have a problem scoring off the Sox pitching--and, secondarily, off the Sox defense. In the past, the fix was simply to go out and buy some pitchers, often at any cost. Maybe the Sox need to examine their entire system for evaluating, developing, and acquiring pitchers.
  12. It would appear that the Yankees sweep at Fenway was a harbinger. The Sox now have four weaknesses: hitting, pitching, defense, and baserunning.
  13. If you mean that, I overstepped. I don’t hate the Yankees but recognize the legitimacy of that sentiment.
  14. Shane, the searchers,and high noon also very good. Some of America’s best directors have made westerns, including Fred zinneman. Howard hawks, not John Ford, directed red River.
  15. I’m partial to Red River. Great cast, great story, superb directing and photography. Black and white.
  16. Some fun. In this day and age it's pretty hard not to be sensitive to racial issues, but what really bugged me was your willingness to say any human being looks like an animal, which is demeaning and insulting. And I think you did so because Judge is on the team that just beat the crap out of the Sox. Most people on talksox think Judge is actually a good guy.
  17. No, he's not my hero because I'm a Sox fan. But I recognize his talent. You on the other hand are pretty obviously a racist.
  18. And you just might be the most disgusting of all.
  19. Judge is the best player on the field and much better than any Sox player. He is a no-baloney five tool player, unbelievably agile for a guy this tall (6'7"), and very good hitter despite a huge strike zone. He's one of the reasons why the Yankees are killing the Sox in this series, so I have to assume you think it's important to insult him.
  20. You better believe the Yankees pitchers own the Sox hitters. I mean own them. With 2 on and 1 out, Dalbec the Great K's on 3 pitches, which is exactly what he did his last time up. The Sox have 10 singles and 1 double in this game and have 3 runs mostly thanks to two egregious errors by the Yankees.
  21. Yes on Dalbec, who stunk on that play. As for the caught 3d strike, Cora didn't say boo, so I blame Cora.
  22. Are you unable to watch the games in this series? I have to ask because the Yankees pitching looks pretty good to me. Our Sox have scored the 4th most runs in MLB and the 3d highest OPS, and the Yankee pitchers own them.
  23. I'd agree with you if Cora appealed and West overruled him, but Cora did nothing, so it's on him--oh, and on Vazquez for mishandling a ball he had already caught.
  24. Sox have no errors in this game. And the Yankees have 6 runs. You cannot watch this series, which includes two decent starts by Pivetta and ERod, and not realize the Sox hitting, bullpen, and now defense are simply suspect. Yes, the Sox could well get a wild card slot, but they are not playing in any way, shape, or form like a team that is worthy of the postseason.
×
×
  • Create New...