Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Looks like April Duvall might be back.
  2. I swear Casas looked like he did not know that was the 3d out. Of course, I can certainly think of far worse mistakes. Great finish by the Sox and sort of by Winck!!!!!!
  3. Tying run on 2b and winning run on 1b. If Winck blows this, I will blame Cora because we saw what he saw, that Pivetta was pitching well to get those 2 outs in the 9th.
  4. OK, great K!! Prove me wrong, Winck!
  5. I woulda left Pivetta in. In fact, I was sure Cora would because his curve ball was breaking bad. Winck, not so much.
  6. Then my attack stands because in no way, shape, or form can you claim that the Sox defense LIKES to keep pitchers on the mound as long as possible. In fact, they hate it because they know they screwed up. Of course, right now the Sox offense is keeping Graveman on the mound (or under it). I hope you agree that's a good thing. Also this about the defense. I get mad at them too. But the simple fact is that for decades the Sox have recruited bats far, far more than they have gloves. In fact, I'll just bet you're a Casas fan and his DWAR stinks (-1.0). But he sure can hit, and that's really all we care about. Same goes for Duran, whose DWAR is -0.4. But who cares as long as his OPS is over .800 and he can run like the dickens when he's on base? However, he also overran a pop fly to left field by about 5 yards earlier this season.
  7. You do come up with some dandies. I sure hope that's from Independence Day.
  8. The old fakeroo by Duvall, like he needed a foot amputation. Then pow!!!!!
  9. Not the same at all. I like SPLENDIDSPLINTER and have said so numerous times. Plus he is our best game thread starter this season. I just couldn't let him get away with blaming Reyes and the defense.
  10. Pivetta is pumped and should be. The curve is tough tonight. Plus he'll almost certainly pitch the 10th.
  11. Here's what you wrote and I reacted to: "Martin should already be in the dugout enjoying a beer, but the SOX defense likes to keep their pitchers on the mound as long as possible." What you wrote strongly implies Martin was great tonight and the defense--which has been terrific, by the freaking way--just stunk things up. That said, the best defensive play tonight by either team was by Whitlock.
  12. They were both running pretty hard and both got to the ball. I'm not sure anybody shouted "I got it! I got it!" Sometime it's better when they both go for it because I've seen plenty of plays where both players defer to the other guy and a catchable ball drops in.
  13. ERA's for the last 3 Astro relievers (7th, 8th, and 9th innings) are 2.05, 2.14, and 2.77. Sox don't have anyone like that. And now Jansen has an injury.
  14. Devers looks at a called 3d strike which was very hittable. 0 for 5.
  15. Looked like a bad hop to me and good reaction by Reyes. No guarantee that would have been a GIDP if handled smoothly. And how the hell do you think Pena got on base? A walk, that's how. And what about that long line drive Dugo had to pull down? Martin was lucky the defense was as good as it was because he was not sharp tonight.
  16. Clutch play by Story for 3d out in 8th!
  17. Those batter timeouts by the Sox really work. Not. Reyes looks at a called 3d strike right in the heart of the plate. The timeout just about guaranteed he wouldn't swing again because he had time to convince himself it was hopeless. To me the batter timeout is like waving a white flag of surrender.
  18. Very good point because we all know that almost all players hit exactly their average in game after game after game. No ups and downs. Like heck they do. Every hitter has ups and downs.
  19. Wong is so cool. He backhands a strike three potential WP, and tags the batter in one motion. Great finish to the the 7th inning!!!
  20. Probably the best play I've ever seen by a pitcher. Long run, which you never see by a pitcher. Sliding catch, ditto. And heads up because he realized Wong didn't know where the ball was going.
  21. No question this is a real game, even for the Sox. The hitting has been there, but Sale didn't have his best stuff. Now it's pen vs pen. Four Sox runs driven by 4 different guys--Dugo, Casas, Story (with 2 hits!), and Abreu.
  22. You and SPLENDIDSPLINTER seem to agree: there are still games that count.
  23. His 4 seamer is almost 2 pitches, slower at 91-92 mph and faster at 95-96 mph.
  24. He has thrown a very few changeups, but has kept them well outside the strike zone.
×
×
  • Create New...