Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Could not agree more that the current look at Sox pitching is pretty positive and that they can make a huge difference for the Sox. I'm not as ready as you to claim Devers' departure is a disaster. I say that while agreeing that he is among the ten best hitters in MLB right now. What you seem to have forgotten is that Bregman and Abreu are also out and will return. When they do and when Yoshida returns, moonslav points out that Cora will be able to alternate Ref and Yoshida at DH. I like Toro at 1b, Story or Mayer at 2b, Mayer or Story at SS, Bregman at 3b, and an outfield of Abreu, Duran, Rafaela, and Anthony. Plus Narvaez at catcher. I think that's a pretty good lineup.
  2. I understand he's extended, but maybe he could use some everyday hitting and fielding at Worcester. I say that without an iota of knowledge about situations like this. Maybe a trade is the best solution if they can get a good arm.
  3. Or not. I don't see Campbell in the infield or outfield. Toro hits righties a lot better than Campbell, and Gonzalez hits lefties a lot better. Duran, Abreu, Rafaela, and even Anthony are better choices in the outfield--assuming Anthony's hitting picks up as it should.
  4. I am too, not because I think Devers is a bum, but because I don't want 10,000 sports commentators screaming, "we told you so, we told you so." Devers took the wrong tack, but Breslow gets a lot of the blame. Now Devers gets a fresh start, and I think the Sox will be fine.
  5. That is not a cheap shot. It's well written and insightful. Because I'll always be a Ted Williams fan, I don't want anyone hitting .400 for the season. Other than that, I like Judge because he's good in the outfield as well as at the plate. He pretty much earns his insane salary.
  6. That's 14, so someone has to go, and my guess is that Breslow will trade someone, possibly Duran or Abreu, as part of a deal to get a starter. I would prefer Abreu over Duran with Anthony moving to LF--better OPS and DWAR. But I won't fight over it. Until you wrote it down, I did not realize that Yoshida/Refsnyder are the perfect DH combo. One hits lefties well and the other righties.
  7. Over there, over there, Send the word, send the word over there- That the Yanks are coming The Yanks are coming The drums rum-tumming, Everywhere. So prepare, say a prayer Send the word, send the word to beware We'll be over, we're coming over And we won't come back till it's over Over there.
  8. I did say "except." The implication is that he just might be effective. His last 2 starts were terrific. And you could be right that he is still recovering. If that keeps up, Bello pitches like his last time, Dobbins like Dobbins his last time, we just might have a rotation and pitching staff. Tonight from the bullpen came rejuvenated Whitlock (ERA 2.89), monster Chapman (1.45!!!), and effective Weissert (2.65). And there are others. Don't get me wrong about Giolito. I'm sort of nice now, but I have dumped on him relentlessly for the past 15 months or so. Your attitude is the right one.
  9. Absolutely. In our best seasons it's exactly like that. 2004 was a hitting team, but that bloody sock guy wasn't half bad. And so on. That said, the Sox were 30-35 until the good pitching kicked in. Now they are 2 over .500 despite missing Bregman, Abreu, Devers, Casas, and "good" Campbell. So for now I'm fine with "just good enough" hitting--provided the pitching stays good. I think the hitting will get better when Bregman and Abreu return, when Mayer and especially Anthony deliver on their promise/talent, and when Toro, Story, Narvaez, and Duran continue to be just good enough.
  10. They were/are expensive, but worth it. I think Bres has JH's confidence. Plus 3 of the 4 rookies look pretty good and are inexpensive, as are Toro, Doran, Rafaela, and Abreu. Giolito is a $40M bust except when he has back to back quality starts for wins. Buehler is a bust. Story is overpriced but I like him. Yoshida is overpriced.
  11. We had 2 dingers which drove in 3 freaking runs. Seattle had 1 run and 6 hits to our 3 runs and 3 hits. The six game winning streak was all about a few meaningful hits and a ton of good pitching. We had Raffy for 5 of those wins and didn't need him. Cora has 4 rookie hitters. Narvaez is already good, and Mayer and Anthony will be. Rafaela and Story have OPS's over .800 in June. Abreu is due back Friday and Bregman maybe 2 weeks after that. Yoshida is lurking somewhere. Devers had a single and a double last night and the Giants lost, 3-2.
  12. Not that I believe in CERA, but I think Wong has been OK today, at least for 6 innings. Wild applause for Crochet.
  13. That's at least twice the ump took a strike away from Crochet--but both were close, not completely in the zone. It was a changeup the ump screwed him on. K anyway. Crochet is one tough dude--he's now at 90 pitches.
  14. Four hard hit balls right to someone. After 5, Crochet has 6 K's, 0 BB's, 6 hits, and 1 ER. And 84 pitches.
  15. Good check swing. Man on first. That's at least 3 well hit outs. If Mayer holds off on that last swing for the K, the Sox rookies would have 3 BB's to the rest of the Sox 0 BB's. Is it possible Seattle is pitching carefully to those two?
  16. That freaking curve has struck out at least two righty batters. Even Crochet looked a little surprised.
  17. No complaints on that missed double play. Ball too slow and hitter too fast.
×
×
  • Create New...