Not BS. The Sox were paying $30M for Raffy and $18.6M for Yoshida, both of whom had to be DH.
Sooner or later, Raffy was gone the day he was told Bregman was the new third baseman, a position he had cherished for 8 seasons. Plus Breslow lied to him. Raffy was great as the DH, no question, but that's a lot to pay for a DH. Plus, because of Yoshida, the Sox were really paying $48.6M for their DH.
That said, I think the Giants got a good deal, but I also don't think this deal was terrible for the Sox.
I like this lineup proposed by moonslav: Bregman 3b, Mayer SS, Story 2b, Toro/Gonzalez 1b, Narvaez/Wong Catcher, Duran OF, Rafaela OF, Abreu OF, Ref/Yoshida DH, and Anthony OF/DH.
Bregman's rehab is going well. His physical Thursday was positive, and he started baseball activities yesterday. When he arrives, he replaces Hamilton in the lineup.
I think the money saved on Raffy should go toward pitching.