Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Yaz Fan Since 67

Verified Member
  • Posts

    813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Yaz Fan Since 67

  1. I was thinking the same thing. When he can get on base he changes games. But you can't do that from the dugout. It's a hard watch seeing my team unable to hit (again) while playing meaningless games. Losing Cedanne, who is my favorite player, was just a killer.
  2. I hate to sound like an old guy but this really is sad to me. And it continued as they got older. I used to play a lot of softball, in my time there were 500-600 teams. Now someone told me there was 269 this last season. So sad, young people don't want to go out and play and it continued into their 20's and 30's and for the rest of their life I assume.
  3. Trevor Story to me is like Cedanne to Fred Lynn,. I can't stand that guy and can't wait for him to play for someone else.
  4. There is a poster named Bagwell Anderson. Damn I wish I had thought of that, I remain pissed at that trade. Sox were due a stinker, and with Pablo on the mound this was a good time to throw one out there, even against the Angels. Let's go out and win another series.
  5. I thought they were crazy for starting Bello given history. Why mess with something that was working? He labored every inning but got through with no runs, but I still don't trust him to start a playoff game.
  6. He didn't do it so much in this series but I have seen him a lot over the years and the one thing that has always driven me nuts is with most every hard hit ball he always blames it on a poor pitch. Even when it's a cutter on the black. Some times major league hitters hit really good pitches too but not to Jim, it's always the pitcher's fault. He actually gave the Sox a lot of love this series. That's not always been the case.
  7. What a train wreck the Orioles are. Reading the University of Maryland board those fans sound like, well, us in June.
  8. How did this post age? I enjoy reading the game day threads the next day and laughing at the comments.
  9. Seeing Roman Anthony rip doubles down the line sure was great to see.
  10. I won't go so far as to say Story has proved me wrong, but I did enjoy him having 2 big games right after saying I hope he never plays another game for the Red Sox. I'd much rather see my players do well than be right to a bunch of strangers on a message board. But I'm not quite ready to do that. Again he made bad throws and he has had 2 productive offensive games, let's see how it goes.
  11. I will never understand forcing a team to play all 3 playoff games (potentially) on the road. I get that they need to make the regular season important but no other sport does this. It is totally unfair even though the Sox have a very good road record. As I have been saying all season if Trevor Story never plays another game in a Red Sox uniform I'd be OK with that. Good to see Roman rip a double in his first AB.
  12. I'm just glad you are still here and hope you continue. I much prefer message boards, where you get to know the posters, over other social media forms where most of the interactions are one offs.
  13. I keep imaging how good Ceddanne can be if he ever learned the strike zone. It may happen, then look out.
  14. Yep, love the new and very fast replay. Like most of us I find that I'm right on the vast majority of the calls they look at. They beat a good pitcher last night, Ranger and Bello kept them in the game. For some reason I enjoy beating Fairbanks. He just has a face you want to punch. I used "Eli's Coming" too as he rounded the bases. I was alone but still cracked myself up.
  15. Contraras is such a good first basement. He is the glue that holds that infield together and has saved so many throwing errors. The play the other night were he fielded a one hopper as he peddled backwards and still maintained the bag as he caught the ball was a thing of beauty.
  16. It's hardly "fair and balanced" when I basically need to force any positive comments out of you regarding Ceddanne. As I said this may be the only positive comment I've seen from you about one of our best players. But then again I tend to ignore a lot of your content.
  17. Trying to remember the last time you pointed out Ceddanne's strengths. Reading your comments the day after he had a great game makes you look foolish. Again.
  18. The Marble House, a giant house built entirely out of marble. Insane.
  19. Haven't posted as we've been on vacation. Newport, RI to be exact. What a strange place that is, the money those people who built those mansions had is just sick. A couple of thoughts: The mood here sure goes back and forth like this crazy season has. I'm seeing a lot of positive posts after 2 wins, just a few days ago it was all gloom and doom. This is the nature of fans. I'm obviously concerned about Roger but I'm getting convinced it's health. He has too good of a track record for me to be worried. Outfield arms continue to disappoint me. Saw 2 more throws at the plate that weren't even close to the plate the other night. I don't want Trevor Story to take any more meaningful bats for my Red Sox. I've seen enough. Hopefully this is the game that gets Adley going. Bello is simply amazing in this roll. The Jays are back in it. What a crazy season this has been in the AL East.
  20. Please don't rush Anthony back. Give him plenty of games in the minors to get his timing down.
  21. When you go that deep in a rotation the starter ends up like the A's starter last night. Bullpen depth is better around baseball now, you have a better chance with those guys IMO over a terrible starter.
  22. You know it's a weird season when discussing how the third base coach has turned around his season is a viable conversation. As I listen to the announcer go on about this team's accomplishments he was interrupted twice as the Red Sox rifled doubles down the line and circled the bases. What an amazing thing we are experiencing.
  23. What is equally shocking is we have players that can actually execute a bunt. This has been lost in baseball for many many years. Durbin does remind me of Peddy. It was impossible to like him for me the first 2 months. I recognized his defense but his at bats were painful. For 2 months. Now I love this guy.
  24. I think a lot of us felt this way, we can't win them all. But the way they are coming back now is so different than earlier in the season. They got down 3 in the 8th and they just looked like they were ready to get on the bus. So happy for Tracy. This was his big chance and he's winning. Chapman remains a concern and this can no longer be ignored.
×
×
  • Create New...