Oh I am too - I just think there is time to figure that out. Baseball's economic health and extra wild card spot makes it harder to trade for the ace in the offseason: very few teams are truly economically under duress, and more teams than ever can credibly sell winning as an option, at least in April.
The trade market needs some time to open up - so the reality of the Cueto's or David Price's can set in/not set in. I am realistic - I wish Lester stayed. But with him gone and Scherzer going somewhere else, the question is "then what". They improved the back end of the rotation - and Porcello, considering both age and performance, could provide as much value as Shields. They seriously improved the durability of the rotation - there is a lot of history of just being able to deliver solid quantity here. Do I expect this team to be the wire-to-wire best team in baseball like in 2013? No. But it is much improved from 2014, and a pretty good bet to be good enough for the sack of trade goodies to be able to deliver something better.