Yes. We could get into a "clutch" discussion but I will spare the board that. I will just say that every great hitter in those positions is in fact a great hitter. The reverse may not be true absolutely, but I suspect the reverse is true for a majority of cases.
But more to the point, RBIs are in general a function of two things: 1. the player's ability to hit - both for contact and power and 2. the quality of the lineup in general. Teams with good lineups pile up RBIs. You look at the relatively scant non-HR RBIs Barry Bonds had in his video-game-number years and you see the difficulty of the RBI. He was often all they had.
The thing with RBIs that I was pointing out is that it is every bit as made up as VORP, or OPS or whatever, perhaps more so. It is assigning individual credit for a team accomplishment - even though the share of credit is not in proportion to the actual achievement necessarily. Certain hits can advance base runners to certain bases, but the baserunner still has to be able to run without a piano on his back.