Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

UtahSox

Verified Member
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by UtahSox

  1. This has been beyond well established even by the strongest FO apologists.
  2. I agree that’s not in the realm of possible.. BUT trading for both Marte & Paredes seems far fetched, yet doable. Depending on who you give up for Paredes that would make the 2026 very exciting. Anthony, Marte, Paredes, Contreras, Duran, Story, Abreu, Rafaela, Narvaez w/ Romy and Masa 1st 2 off bench that would be AL East front runner team. Assuming Paredes performs .750+
  3. As a vocal hater as some call it, I am VERY much excited about the addition. I think for someone who tries to portray himself as calculated, Breslow has been erratic at best this offseason. Ultimately I think my frustration is w/ FSG group. But 1 or 2 moves can change everything as Suarez signing showed. I hope Breslow continues to prove me wrong. I will say the heat around Boston media, even nationwide the last few weeks is the most intense I’ve ever seen. JH must have felt some of that even from the Salon of his yacht. We know “we’re the Boston Red Sox there aren’t resource issues” so it’s a matter of convincing JH to go for it.
  4. I’ve seen on X, one of Sox fanatical fan accounts stated…. Arizona wants Mayer + Early. Is there a world where we trade those 2 for Marte? And then go land a Paredes or Donovan (can play solid 3b per my cardinals friend) offering some combo of Bello, young SP Not named Tolle, Casas, Campbell? This has already been discussed. What does Paredes profile look like in Fenway? keep the 4 OFers… keeping them fresh rotating DH spot. Very similar to last year?
  5. You mean a simple google search of “Ceddane Rafaela post 2025 all star game stats” and it definitely shows why I would say frigid. I mean a .622 OPS w/ only 2 HR’s and a .219 avg is not great for a centerfielder. also he got 0 hits in wild card series with .167 OBP. AI recap: After the 2025 All-Star break, Ceddanne Rafaela's performance dipped, seeing his OPS drop from .752 to .622, with fewer homers and more strikeouts as he tired, but he still finished strong defensively, earning a Gold Glove and playing mostly center field, focusing on strength gains for future seasons. Batting Performance (Second Half vs. First Half of 2025) First Half (Before All-Star Break): .752 OPS, 14 HR, 18.8% Strikeout Rate. Second Half (August/September): .622 OPS, 2 HR, 22.2% Strikeout Rate, showing fatigue. Post-All-Star Break (2025 Season Snapshot): Batting Average: Around .219 (16-for-73 in one span). Power: Hit his career-high 16th home run in August, but overall power dipped. Offensive Trend: A drop to a .622 OPS from August to September, down from his pre-break .752 OPS. Defense: Continued strong defense, filling in at second base due to injuries, showing his versatility. Key Issue: Fatigue led to his late-season struggles, prompting a focus on getting stronger in the offseason.
  6. Ok, if this is all it took. Tomorrow go get a massive brunch, followed by a very nice 10-mile walk thru the woods with your lovely spouse. And we will sign Bichette! Do it for the boys of Talksox!
  7. I actually like Duran in Center, and Rafaela had such a frigid finish to 2025 at the plate. Plus I believe CR trade value would be the highest among Duran, Rafaela, Abreu. I kinda like the idea of running it back with our four outfielders. Making masa the fifth outfielder and looking to trade K Campbell, and/or T. Casas along with some starting pitching, for a 2b or 3b whichever player makes us the best team. My order of preference from the names that have been mentioned. 1. Marte (would have to include either Early/Connolly) but still would do it. 2. Donavan 3. Hoerner 4. Parades
  8. Crawford + Sandlin/Uberstine/Bennett I’m all over that for Hoerner.
  9. Point is we can afford to get him. If we can get him for less great. But we have such a logjam we need to trade (less proven) quantity for (proven) quality.
  10. Just doing quick math this 40 man looks ready for some trades. SP: 1. Crochet 2. Suarez 3. Gray 4. Bello 5. Oviedo 6. Sandoval 7. Crawford 8. Tolle 9. Early 10. Harrison 11. Sandlin 12. Uberstine all could see MLB time this year… time to make 1 or 2 trades. 1. Campbell 2. Casas 3. 4th OFer as well, one of these 3. (JD, Ceddane, Wilyer) Casas and Campbell both look blocked for foreseeable future, might be ways to improve 2026 team. Point is we have a lot of trade pieces
  11. We have so many pitchers. But I agree I wouldn’t put either of them in Hoerner deal because it looks like a 1yr rental. Maybe like a Kyle Harrison+ K Campbell+ Bennett type deal?
  12. I like the Horner deal for sure…. Fits the mold defensively.
  13. Marte is pretty good at 2b…. Pretty decent bat as well! Donavan would be great as well if we didn’t have to give up Tolle/Early. ** (I’m aware the Dbacks say Marte isn’t available, I just don’t believe it) option A: Marte for Casas+ Campbell+ Tolle/Early. Option B: Donavan for Casas+ Campbell.
  14. You would if you have to sign a bat, and it gives you variability at 3b and 1b as well. Plus exactly what they said they needed home run hitting. Getting him at 18m AAV and adding Marte 16m AAV. Puts you at less than what they just tried to get Bregman for. “Marte off table” oh well if they said it…… that’s reality. We’ve never seen subterfuge and leaked “fakenews” ever. The same reasons they were willing to move him 15 days ago, still exists. So yeah sorry I don’t buy what Hazen publicly put out there on X. I would 100% trade for Peralta he’s a legitimate ace. But maybe he like Ragans better? Gives you more control? And if you signed Suarez as DH, this would make a lot of sense. Makes Yoshida your 4th Ofer. this how you improve your team if you’re not willing to spend in free agency. 1. Anthony LF 2. Story SS 3. Marte 2b 4. E Suarez DH 5. W Abreu RF 6. W Contreras 1b 7. C Rafaela CF 8. M Mayer 3b 9. Narvaez C Crochet, Peralta/Ragans, Gray, Bello, Oviedo, Sandoval, Crawford, Tolle/Early I don’t know I kinda like it.
  15. Given the Red Sox’s firm stance on no-trade clauses and the organization’s clear WAR-per-dollar philosophy for players in their 30s, there is effectively no realistic path to signing Bichette, Ranger Suárez, or Framber Valdez. All three will command player options, and player options inevitably lead to no-trade protection. That alone puts them outside the Red Sox’s current roster-construction rules, regardless of talent. This isn’t about evaluation—it’s about $$$ and policy. With that reality in mind, here’s what I believe is the best way to build the 2026 roster using the remaining viable options: 1) Sign Eugenio Suárez to primarily play DH • Contract: 2 years, under $40M total • Rationale: • Short-term commitment • No long-term downside • Reliable power and durability • Strikes out A LOT… We love high K profiles. This is exactly the type of deal the front office is comfortable making. 2) Trade for Ketel Marte Proposed package: Kristian Campbell+ Casas+ either Payton Tolle or Connelly Early (whichever pitcher the organization is lower on) • Rationale: • I fully believe Marte is still attainable • Nothing fundamental has changed for Arizona • If he was available two weeks ago, he’s still available now—teams don’t suddenly reverse course without a material shift, and there hasn’t been one • This is a classic “publicly unavailable, privately movable” situation Marte gives you positional flexibility, 5years at a great price, switch-hitting impact, and a controllable contract without violating organizational principles. AND A DAMN GOOD BASEBALL PLAYER. 3) Trade for Freddy Peralta Proposed package: Jarren Duran + Kyson Witherspoon + Kyle Harrison • Rationale: • You’re converting surplus outfield value into a legitimate, 1 year Ace type starter that you must have in October. • Peralta fits the age, contract, and performance profile the Red Sox actually pursue • This aligns with the organization’s preference for trading for pitching rather than paying top-of-market free-agent premiums It’s a real cost—but it fits disciplined, and defensible. And the ability to strike out in FA next year. Bottom Line: • Respects the Red Sox’s no-trade clause philosophy • Maximizes WAR per dollar • Avoids long-term contract landmines • Converts surplus into need without breaking internal rules It may not be splashy—but it’s coherent, realistic, and consistent with how this front office actually operates. AND gives us a shot at moving team forward in 2026.
  16. I think Dave actually pushed JH. I think Breslow is such a beta, he can’t sell that at all. Also lost Bregman by 2m a year because Breslow refused to include no trade clause. Most vets with options like him demand that. Seems like common sense Bregman has a family, craves stability, Breslow wife talked about this exact topic in the Netflix show. Crazy he couldn’t be empathetic and let that slide…. Plus Bregman saw what just happened to Devers, this shows how far from reality Breslow is. What a terrible closer, he could be selling glacier water in the Sahara and still get a “well think about it” Can’t stand that guy.
  17. I’ve always thought he was a great player. Just health questions. Admittedly I (used to) see a lot of Rockies stuff out here. Before they completely cratered as an organization.
  18. I got the headline for you “Red Sox were interested but ultimately outbid when player wanted more than a 2 year deal. We will continue to be aggressive and decisive”
  19. I’ll address all 5 Story always could play… injury risk is still there. And a year older. Push Oviedo has thrown 40 ip in 2 years and has never had the success that Gio had pre injury. 2025. Bello and Rafaela post all star break? Rafaela was not great…. I’m not anymore confident in 2026 than I was 2025. Narvaez knee problems make me think he will be limited. Push… We also had two of the top 10 prospects in minor leagues coming up last year. This year we don’t have any. I’m sorry I just think you’re coping on this. There is no way this is a better team than last year.
  20. No, I hundred percent agree, but I think it’s the GM’s job or whatever the hell made up title he has (CBO). GM must have a pulse of the product, fans, and push ownership to do the right thing. which is put the best product on the field, get a deep October run. This is what I think Dave Dombrowski did freaking miss that guy.
  21. So now the after thought of Seattle offseason is our prized addition? Sad deal Crazy how hard we are coping with an owner, who has radically pivoted his business model.
  22. True 11 years slightly different than 5 tho.
  23. 70 million deferred. This was not a deal that would have harmed the Red Sox in any way, shape, or form. Maybe dipped net profit of team for 2-3 years by 20-30m deck chairs for JH’s new yacht. Those that are always risk-averse, never do anything ever they can talk themselves out of everything, sounds familiar? “Scared money don’t make money” as the kids say. Beta Breslow has no plan.
  24. if you put yourself into the position where you thought this roster was at the start of 25, and you had that same thought process here in 2026. not comparing 2025 reality versus our made up expectations of 2026. 26 vs 25 LF Anthony vs Duran (coming off a top 5 WAR 2024)…… PUSH CF Rafaela vs Rafaela…………. PUSH RF Abreu Vs Abreu …………… ADV 2026 (slightly) DH Devers vs Duran…………… ADV 2025 1B Contreras vs T Casas (expectations on Casas were high)……….. ADV 2026 (slightly) 2B Mayer vs K Campbell……….PUSH SS Story vs Story ……….PUSH 3B Bregman vs Suarez…………. ADV 2025 C Narvaez vs Wong…………PUSH IMO 2025 slightly stronger by high end proven players like Devers, Bregman. SP1 Crochet vs Crochet (thought he’d be good, he was elite)…….. ADV 2026 SP2 Houck vs Gray..,… ADV 2025 SP3 Bello vs Bello…….. ADV 2025 (slightly) SP4 Giolito vs Oviedo……… ADV 2025 SP5 Buehler/ Crawford vs Sandoval/Crawford…… ADV 2025 (Slightly) Depth Arms……… ADV 2026 Bullpen………. TBD ADV 2026 (slightly) I think 2025 was a better team on opening day than the projected 2026 team opening day.
×
×
  • Create New...