Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I think you're being heavy-handed, especially when Kelly was if anything worse than Pom.
  2. As I said earlier, I think Devers forgot there was only 1 out. JBJ did that twice last year. It's not about knowing. It's about focus.
  3. The Sox have thrived this season without Pom, including early in the season when Johnson and Velazquez were both pressed into service as starters.
  4. Good for you. I dislike Pom a ton, but agree with slasher9 that curve worked when it wasn't up and fat. Still no changeup, however.
  5. Meh. I expected to lose this one with Pom on the mound. Lineup darn near won it anyway. Kelly is to me an engima.
  6. Hell yes we do. I'm sitting. You're sitting. Lots of us are sitting.
  7. Great first 3 innings by Pom, much better than I expected. Just 2 runs, a minor miracle. I kind of think of that as a Pom quality start.
  8. Healthy, maybe. But effective? Not likely.
  9. Nor mine, for crying out loud. Soft spot has nothing to do with it. Cora wants Devers at 3b. End of story.
  10. "Hopefully" is the operative word. I met someone once who wrote a book entitled, "Hope Is Not a Method." But long-time Sox fans know that sometimes it's all we got. Well, and Velazquez of course. And rain. Here in DC we have lots of that and it ain't going away.
  11. I think one day off will come early--tonight. And maybe another tomorrow.
  12. Me too. As for last night, he clearly forgot just 1 out because that was not a tough catch in left center. I think JBJ did that twice last year. Far, far more heinous was Sanchez not running out that grounder for the final out last night.
  13. Note about tonight's game. Weather reports all say continued rain. Plus flash flood warnings of course. If this means Pom misses a start, I for one will be heartbroken. This guy has it all and is all business when he goes out to the mound.
  14. Interesting. I mostly agree with the four "weaknesses," but also think that fixing them--use our current players for 2b and 3b and acquire a reliever and a 5th starter--will only help in the regular season. I don't think the Sox have a lock on the AL East, but you gotta like a 6 game lead with 60 games to go, especially without ERod or Wright. In other words, what's the point of trading away a prospect or paying a lot for a rental who won't help in the postseason? If DD can do something like he did for Pearce, I'm all for it. But otherwise, I remain a skeptic of big trade or move right now.
  15. Impressive, I agree. Four games without ERod or Wright. The big three--Sale, Porcello, Price--came thru, and so did Johnson the backup. I do not, however, expect to be impressed by Pomeranz tonight.
  16. I just watched the replays of first the double play, which took a long time because the ball was flipped to a fielder who then had to run to 2b, tag it, run past it, and then throw to 1b, second how Sanchez basically sauntered to 1b until the end when he sped up a little at the end but still was able to blow a bubble after being out at 1b. Game-ending GIDP.
  17. Very impressed with Porcello. Orioles lineup not great, but still a solid start.
  18. I think this game just might be playable. The clouds and rain today so far just come and go.
  19. I just want to see a good start from Porcello. Oh, and a game. My NOAA map for the DC area, including Baltimore, looks pretty stormy. Looks like we have entered the monsoon season in a region that tends to be dry in July. Plenty of rain last weekend. Me, I like rain a lot because I lived in Tabuk for 4.5 years. I also like trees. But I would like to see these games played.
  20. How long is the rain delay?
  21. Does it matter? He pitches for the Tigers and they have the Sox number right now. 1 run in 18 innings.
  22. Very good but definitely ugly win.
  23. The only thing I was sure of in that at bat was that he would make an out if he didn't get a walk. He's been like that all this season in big moments--but not last year.
×
×
  • Create New...