Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Anthony bats 3d and K'd 3 times and was 0 for 4. Garcia got a walk and 3 K's. Plus this was his first freaking MLB game. He looked awful in his first at bat, but not as bad later. Yankee pitchers held the Sox to 1 run and 6 hits--3 of them by Bregman--in 9 innings. They pitched well, but Bello and company pitched better. In 9 innings the Yankees never had an RISP. No errors. A well played game. Three Sox played 2d base. Two played 1b. And two played CF. Two Sox pinch hitters--one, Lowe, doubled and scored the winning run driven in by Wong (2/4).
  2. Great play by Yankees SS. Sox are 1/11 with RISP. Yankees have not had any RISP.
  3. He's our #2 starter 14 quality starts and a 3.07 ERA which is 17th best in MLB. Nibbling can bad, but not if he's hitting corners. This year his command is better, his fast ball a tad faster, and his changeup the only good one on the Sox.
  4. This is the nicest blog site I've ever been on--especially with the new regime and actual mods. I'm almost always on moonslav's side in any discussion because he mostly sees what I see and never fails to provide good discussion points and/or stats. As for FredLynn, these days I borrow from the American strategy during the Cuban missile crisis. They got two messages from Moscow--one workable and one not. So they simply ignored the cable they didn't like and answered the one they could work with.
  5. I think that's inevitable given the three recent losses to Miami and especially Baltimore and the schedule up ahead. Last night was huge and encouraging, but the next 36 games are a tough row to hoe. The last 6 are against Division leaders Toronto and Detroit. I'm with moonslav in believing the 2025 Sox are actually pretty good--hitting, rotation, bullpen, defense, and baserunning--even if they can also be inconsistent.
  6. I agree the Sox have a real shot at the next 3 games with Bello, Crochet, and May--yes, May. I like what moonslav says about these Sox--they are pretty good on 2 of the essentials, hitting and pitching. I think the defense and baserunning are also good, That does not mean they can't have mini-slumps like the recent 3 losses to Miami and Baltimore. On the other hand, last night I expected the newly hot Yankees to demolish Sox pitching, but it didn't happen thanks to the bullpen. Meanwhile--surprise,surprise--the top 5 in the Sox lineup had 8 of the Sox 10 hits, and all 5 rbi's. And Hamilton had a hit, 2 walks, and scored 2 runs. With 36 games to go, I like the Sox chances, but absolutely nothing is guaranteed. Their last six games are 3 @ Toronto (who are 42-21 at home) and 3 at Fenway against Detroit (34-29 on the road).
  7. The word fan is short for fanatic. If it's just entertainment, ain't no reason whatsoever to blog about it--at least, not as much as we all do. I'm sane--at least most of the time--I do housework, shopping, bill paying, budgeting, investing, estate executor, etc, I don't drink or smoke, but I'm an addict when it comes to Red Sox baseball. I attend Mass on Saturday or Sunday depending on whether the Sox are playing at 4 pm on Saturday. My wife and children and grandchildren are not Sox fans, but tolerate this addiction, except in conversation, where it is not tolerated. I was not always this way, not by a long shot. But satellite TV allowed me to watch almost all Sox games, including for 15 years before I retired in 2019. It's not all my fault. John Henry gets a lot of the blame for delivering 4 WS wins. Three straight lousy seasons are nothing--nothing!!!!. I became a Sox fan in 1949, mostly because of Ted Williams and the fact that was born in Boston--so I lived through 55 years of the curse.
  8. This was one heckuva ballgame. With 4 errors, hardly vintage, but a whole lot of back and forth and a great job by he Sox bullpen. After 60 games it's fair to say Anthony is still learning, but his OPS is .853.
  9. He is indeed both. But the Yankees have plenty of excellent players who just didn't look all that excellent tonight.
  10. What an image/idea!!! Way back when on the MTM show, some of them were involved with an amateur theatrical which was reviewed by a newspaper critic, who panned them. Murray reassured them with "he pans everything. You remember last year when Richard Burton played Hamlet?" "He didn't like Richard Burton!!!??" "He didn't even like the play." And that's our Fred.
  11. McQueen might have been cooler, but he sure wasn't much of an actor. Brando turned into a fat slob, but he could still act. Steve McQueen made a living out of playing Steve McQueen.
  12. A fantastic, unexpected start. Agree 3/4. Next 3 starters are Bello, Crochet, and May, all of whom are pitching well. Except for Narvaez lousy throw to 2b, I thought the defense was solid. All 3 Yankees runs were earned. Yankees 3 errors led to 3 unearned runs, the margin of victory.
  13. Tonight is why we watch MLB. A shame it didn't happen at Fenway, but I'm not so sure Anthony's dinger reaches there. Bullpen is MVP--4.1 IP, 0 ERA. lineup--Anthony's huge home rune not withstanding, was 3/`19 with RISP. Anthony drove in 3 runs and Lowe 2. Duran is starting to po me, but, were I Cora, I'd leave the first five the way they are--Anthony, Bregman, Duran, Story, and Lowe. Rotten, worthless Hamilton had a single and scored 2 runs despite that miserable, stinking pick off at 3b. He a single and 2 BB's and 1 SB. Tomorrow night I would be tempted to go with the same lineup--including Yoshida as the DH.
  14. He does indeed take the first pitch--but not always. Fortunately, it's after 10 pm on a Thursday, so Cora gave him the go ahead.
  15. Terrific, Really. Marlon Brando played Antony in the movie Julius Caesar.
  16. Gotta love Anthony, Huge dinger in the 9th when really needed. But give some credit to the Yankees pitcher for not throwing the ball low and inside.
  17. Rafaela swung at the right pitch and hit it, but still suffers from round bat round ball squarely disease. And right now he has plenty of company.
  18. You are dead right about the drama, but that's what makes baseball so riveting. I would have bet money the Sox couldn't win tonight and they could still lose. But, despite the rotten hitting, they cling to that 1 run lead in the 9th freaking inning.
×
×
  • Create New...