Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. I think he's a good spare part. I don't know his OPS is August, but suspect it's pretty decent. He is hands down our best defensive 2b. And he's pretty good on the bases when he doesn't wander off 3b to meditate. His August OPS (4 games) is .750. Gonzalez's (17 games) is .698.
  2. Could not agree more. Sox tend to be flat the day after a deluge like this.
  3. I don't know how many times I've told Alex not to play that bum Hamilton.
  4. With this new guy Garcia and provided he lives up to some of his advanced billing, the Sox have 5 outfielders not counting Ref, Yoshida, Eaton, Nixon, Kennedy, and Eisenhower.
  5. I like umps making all the calls. No other sport has a machine making the calls on what amounts to 80% of the game. I would be fine if the batter had the right to challenge call, but with a penalty if he's wrong.
  6. Time to drop Duran in the batting order. He's having a lousy August and he has the worst case of RISP disease I can remember. Not even the soothing waters of Yankee Stadium can heal him.
  7. Yes. I think the Yankees runner had some effect on that. Plus I think the runner beats the throw.
  8. I have touted the Sox hitting all season long, but I agree with you. In the last 2 games they were 4/30 with RISP. The 2025 Sox have RISP disease.
  9. Only Sox hit a hard hit liner to CF by Yoshida. Warren's ERA is 4.20, but he looks pretty tough to me. Plus Rafaela gave him a short 2d by getting caught stealing.
  10. Might have been an error on that grounder, but 1) I think Lowe may have affected Hamilton's vision; 2) I think the runner beats the throw to 1b (Crochet) anyway.
  11. Anthony leads off with another K. As good as he has been--and he has been very good--I'm beginning to suspect his weakness is low pitches and especially low and inside.
  12. Actually, Cora does look at player splits (how well they hit against righty or left pitchers) when making up his lineups. Last night Gonzalez and Bregman led off because their OPS's against lefties are 1.017 and .989. Weirdly, Anthony batted 3d, OPS .760 vs lefties, because his was the next best bat against lefties. Story batted 4th because his .754 was next best, Garcia next was a guess. Duran 6th because his OPS vs lefties is .570. Rafaela 7th with his .710 OPS maybe because of his recent slump. Finally Eaton and Wong. The problem with that lineup was they went against a good lefty, Fried. And guess what? The Yankees had a much better lineup than the Sox last night and never got a man to 2b because Bello, Whitlock, and Chapman were terrific. As for addictions, I think yours is way stronger than any Cora might have. You have convinced yourself he and he alone is why the Sox aren't undefeated.
  13. First two games have been huge because the Yankees have been killing the ball and the Sox held them to 3 runs in 2 games. Just as sweet is 2 road wins in from of capacity crowds. However, the Sox are also 4/30 with RISP in the 2 games. Last night's win depended on great Sox pitching and Wong--yes, Wong--doubling after Lowe doubled. Yankees going with 7 righty bats against Crochet this afternoon. Sox going with 5 lefty bats, including Hamilton at 2b, Yoshida as DH, and Rafaela back in CF. Gotta like the Sox defense in this game. In July and August the Sox record with Narvaez in the game has been 20-8 even though his hitting dropped off dramatically. Narvaez and Wong are both good defensive catchers, which no doubt has helped the Sox pitching.
  14. Abreu has the higher OPS, .811 to .780, and is the better defender (DWAR 1.2 vs. 0.3). Duran has the higher WAR, 3.7 to 3.3, because of his excellent baserunning, plus he has played in more games. Nothing wrong with thinking Duran is better, but it's wrong to claim Abreu is a dud and that Cora is playing a dud.
  15. Agree. He got back easily. I suspect Volpe reacted to the Yankees second baseman standing on 2b. Attendance slipped to 46K tonight--but their average is 42,753.
  16. Sox didn't score in the 9th thanks to Volpe nailing Duran at home plate on a grounder he had to go to his right to get.
×
×
  • Create New...