Frankly, right now I'd trust Richards before anyone else not named Whitlock. He has been unreal as a reliever. This is the straight game in which Cora has used him in the 8th inning with the score tied or with a 1 run lead. So don't believe me--just trust Cora.
One heckuva game.
Romo struggling to get the final out vs. the Yankees after a 2 run dinger by Judge. He got it.
If the Sox win, they are 2 back of the Yankees.
The Orioles have already sent an emissary to the Rays dugout to discuss the terms of surrender.
Stupid, stupid pitch on an 0-2 count. Devers nails it, but for just a single.
What's that line, shave and a haircut, two bits? I think I'll send a quarter to Cleveland's catcher.
Amazing how powerful the bunt can be and/or how imbecilic Sawamura and his catcher can be.
Just the hint of wanting to bunt gives the batter a free pass to 1b.
So guess what happens now? Another bunt, you think?
Tough 7th, but I liked that Duran hit the first pitch and drove it--just not far enough. That's why Arauz needed to do, but he already did it last night. No twosies, thank you.
This is disgusting. These announcers are actively impugning the integrity of, quite frankly, my absolute favorites in the game of baseball--robo umps. And I know why they are--the umpires union made them an offer they can't refuse. Either you go after those roboumps or you are going to swim with the fishes.