Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Score would be 6-5 if the 3d base coach had not twice held Sox runners on 3b who would otherwise have scored.
  2. Renfroe, JDM, Verdugo, and Plawecki take advantage of 3d time facing Plesac, who remains in the game with 2 on and no outs in the 5th--and with 2 runs in.
  3. Great double by Renfroe because the Cleveland CF made a fantastic play on that ball.
  4. It's rare to see the Sox lineup so perfectly in sync as they are today. I mean you have to put a little effort into not driving anyone home when men are on 2d and 3d with 1 or 0 outs. Even Schwarber is in on it! A big K at the perfect moment. I would be dishonest not to point out that Plesac did a great job pitching to Schwarber and keeping his pitches low and mostly below the zone. No Sox pitchers are able to do that.
  5. Looks like the lineup is also taking a break today--they just forgot to tell the rookie Dalbec.
  6. Schreiber's gone 2 while giving up 1 run. Not bad. This game is like giving tryouts to AA or AAA pitchers who want to move up.
  7. I can't speak for the officials of the city of Boston or the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Vaccinations in that area are high and new cases of covid are low, so I can understand why someone who's young, healthy, and vaccinated would go, but I certainly would not. Looking at the map, I wouldn't go to anything indoors in Florida, SC, TEN, GA, AL, MS, LA TX, KY, WV, IN, or WY. Where I live, the stores are all asking people to wear masks.
  8. This is a Cora giveaway game. He did it in the first 2 games at Tampa, and it kind of worked. The Sox won games 3 and 4 with solid pitching and enough hitting. So too the next 2 games vs. the Guardians. Now with Pivetta, Barnes, Sawamura, Bogie, Kike, Arroyo, Santana, Taylor, D Hernandez, et al out for various reasons--and with 4 hard won victories in the past 4 games--this is the logical game not to extend the pitching staff.
  9. And I don't. Vaccinations are one key, but so are washing, masks, and physical separation.
  10. I definitely was being political because madstork insisted on making this issue political. Covid and especially vaccinations should not be political, but they have become so.
  11. I'd love to talk baseball, but this is a game thread about a game that is for all intents and purposes being forfeited. Sox are down 6-0 in the 3d.
  12. You still don't get it. The unvaccinated--and that's probably 100 million of us--are the problem and the reason why herd immunity is now unlikely.
  13. I think you've put the wrong hat on what is happening. The red states are being hit hardest by covid simply because they don't want vaccinations, which is just stupid. 250 years ago in this country American colonists were getting vaccinated for smallpox. Fortunately, they did not have the internet to convince them vaccinations were a communist plot.
  14. Guys going on the IL for covid is unfortunate, but it's interesting that most of the best players aren't. Pivetta is now the #5 starter. Barnes is the closer who can't close. Bogey has the bad wrist which has affected his hitting and maybe his fielding. Santana is, well, Santana. Kike is a big loss, but Duran wasn't playing anyway. Arroyo would be a big loss except he doesn't need covid to spend most of his time on the IL--he gets injured all the freaking time. Taylor is a loss, but he wasn't pitching that well lately.
  15. Wasn't Pivetta supposed to start today with an extra day's rest?
  16. Not sure what you mean by that because we don't have a lot of information about who's been vaccinated, etc. Moreover, during this season COVID went way down and now the delta version is romping and stomping. I personally am behaving as if COVID is back in full force, but I doubt that I have much company. Certainly MLB is not acting that way because, guess what? The stands are full (unless you're in Tampa) or almost full (Boston).
  17. Mostly agree, but not leadoff, which was impossible to fill until Kike moved in there. Schwarber, I agree, can bat anywhere.
  18. To me the perfect pitching staff would be 5 starters, 3 long relievers like Whitlock, Richards, and Valdez, and 4 good short relievers, and 1 garbage man.
  19. Closer, shmoser. I'd pay Richards $8.5M to continue what he is doing now, long relief. As I keep reminding everyone (and getting ignored), the early relievers can ruin or help win a game as much as the closer. And Richards right now is freaking invaluable if he can keep coming in about every 3d day and going 2-3 innings. Valdez should have pitched 3 last night.
  20. I would have sent Valdez back out for the 9th and sent in Ottavino only if needed. Even though the Sox won, it was costly in bullpen usage. If Valdez gets thru the 9th, Ottavino and Robles get some rest. The Sox have a somewhat depleted bullpen, but it is anchored by 3 pretty good long relievers: Whitlock, Richards, and Valdez. The Sox lineup was also hit, but Arauz, of whom I have never been a fan, has come through with hits and--surprise, surprise--highly competent bunts. Yesterday the Sox had three successful bunts in a game for the first time--according to WEEI--since 1993. Sabermetrics can stuff it.
  21. For players. But not for teams.
  22. So pat yourself on the shoulder. 4 big wins.
  23. Need both 5 or more good innings from Houck and a bunch of runs today. The bullpen is tired from the 4 Rays games + last night.
×
×
  • Create New...