All good points, especially Manny vs. JD Drew--thanks for the reminder. I forgave Manny the dreadlocks and even Manny being Manny because of that great bat. And I positively, absolutely never liked JD Drew even though he was pretty darn close to a bonafide five tool player: hit,hit for power, throw, field, and run. He was just too darn fragile for my taste, and by far his best year was before he came to Boston where is best rbi total was 68.
As for HanRam, I still don't like the dreadlocks, but, as illinoisox says, his performance doesn't make up for my hair fetish (I'm pretty sure it's not racial, but of course can't prove it). The performance case against HanRam is simple. He has the 4th most at bats on the team, and his OWAR (offensive wins against replacement) is 0.2, and the next lowest is 1.2.
His overall WAR, 0.3, ranks him as the 148th best player in the AL, but at $20M/year of course. Better value than Pablo, for sure, but the Sox right now are paying Sandoval not to play for us, so that's a pretty low standard.
He's still in the Sox uniform, however, and because of that I root for him whenever he does something good, like last night's very timely dinger.