Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Do you believe these guys!!??? Awesome. Two Twins runs in the 1st? No problem. Errors by Bogie and Devers? No biggie. 9th batter in the lineup packing his bags for the 3-eye league? Not so fast, Dalbec. Stick around. Yesterday's porous bullpen? Gone, vanished, can't find them. Baseball in a Minnesota blizzard? Let's play two.
  2. These 2021 Sox are gamers, no question about it. And a joy to watch (mlb.tv is working today because the Sox aren't playing the Orioles, Nationals, or Braves, none of whom play within 200 miles of where I live).
  3. Actually, it's perfect if your protesting game conditions, which I am.
  4. 30 degrees is a big drop for 4 hours, but your point is well taken.
  5. Heavy on the "realistic," but pretty light on the "view" of ongoing 2021. But that's fine. There are abundant other opportunities to go into great detail about what is happening game to game.
  6. Weather today is expected to be nasty--cold and maybe wet--the exact opposite of the weather Ernie Banks had in mind when he said, "let's play two!"
  7. I have never had a problem with Yankee fans. I like talking baseball with them because inevitably I know a lot about their team, plus I like being in a rivalry with the team that won 27 WS, especially now that the 86 year curse is history and the Sox are sort of at the same level. Jacksonianmarch is to me typical of the breed. I also like the different cultures of the two cities and try not to remind Yankee fans that their forebearers rolled over for the British Army (and fleet) in August 1776 five months after the Red Sox fans' forebearers drove them out of Boston. Interesting point Notin makes about the last 40 years.
  8. Not only oldsters, but oldsters related to deceased who suffered through most of the 86 year curse without seeing the 2004 ALCS to end all ALCS's plus beating the Cardinals 4-0.
  9. I guess I remain the lone dissenter because I see little value in stoicism during a lousy season. Better to vent. Heck, I can remember going ape during the 2018 season when I thought Cora made a bad move with the bullpen. My current whine--better than red or white--is with the blackout restriction. With the Sox now at 6-3, I am nevertheless borderline ecstatic because I expected bullpen collapses as well as horrible starts by an unpromising rotation made slightly worse by a porous defense. I foresaw maybe 4 bats (JDM, Bogie, Devers, and Vazquez) in the lineup dragged down by the little sisters of poor hitting.
  10. FYI. No new thread needed for today's game.
  11. Meh. We need to gripe when disappointed. Less need/compulsion when the Sox are winning.
  12. Game starts at 2:10 pm EDT. High temp today 46 or 47 degrees fahrenheit.
  13. MVP78 approves this thread.
  14. Dalbec needs to bat 11th or 12th.
  15. Normally, yes. But, since I only get the game on radio and am not interested in the CBS commentary on the Masters, I don't see a problem. Right now I'm watching the guy who claimed he plays Augusta National as a par 67 course look for his ball. I love it when the vainglorious have to eat crow. Gotta give DeChambeau credit. I just might save par after that disastrous drive on a par 5. He took an unplayable lie, and is now on the green lying 4 with a makeable putt. Missed the 8 footer for a bogey on a par 5 he also bogeyed in the first round.
  16. Actually, you can watch/listen to both together. And throw in Von Ryan's Express, which is based on real events in WW II.
  17. I don't think I said it, but I absolutely believed it.
  18. This thread approved by moonslav59.
  19. 6 days from 0-3 on April 4 to 5-3 on April 10.
  20. Dalbec did get that crucial rbi to tie it in the 9th. No question he is struggling.
  21. Yep. That's the difference. The pitching overall has been consistent and way better than I expected.
  22. I like it because it avoids those 15 innings (or more) monsters.
  23. Good grief. That was one heckuva win. I guess this means I shouldn't get off the April 4 train.
×
×
  • Create New...