Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Hitch

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,178
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Hitch

  1. We will sign JD and Morleand keeps Hanley from vesting. That saves us next year from Hosmer's huge contract (now he's not signing) and Hanley's huge final year. That money will go into somebody big at the free agency buffet. The more I think about it, the more I like it.
  2. I don't hate the signing. It keeps us away from Hosmer and doesn't add much to the payroll. Next year we are going to make a splash on somebody. I hear rumours of Sox trying to find a way to trade Hanley, too. If we sign JD, with Moreland signed up, that option won't vest.
  3. As moon just said, security is also a big pull. It might well be 10 years at $350m that gets it done. My bet would be you put 10 years at $300m in front of him and he says thanks very much. This all moot however, we aren't putting that offer in front of him.
  4. He might if he's offered free agency money now. Unlikely to happen as I said, but far from impossible.
  5. We could put him where Bogey is. That would be an upgrade that would be very welcome. Send Bogey and Groome and tell the Orioles/Machado it's dependent on a contract extension. Sign JD. Happy days. Also never going to happen.
  6. Surely if Monchado is looking to move too SS, we would offer Bogey not, Bradley.
  7. You've just traded for Stanton to play behind Judge You'll have to forgive us when we look for negatives wherever we can.
  8. Its a brilliant trade. Unfortunately.
  9. That's one scary looking line up for the Yanks now. Jesus!
  10. You're forgiven my child (despite being far older than me).
  11. Haha we all have our little oddities!
  12. His price just dropped dramatically. Jeter must be furious.
  13. Why is he self absorbed? Because he doesn't want to play in Boston?
  14. From my years of reading and then posting on this forum, I'd have to say this was probably the most accurate statement I've seen on here ha! There are some real odd balls on this fine forum.
  15. If nothing else your ignorance certainly shines through.
  16. Dear me. As MVP has just said - things change. Wording is important. But you know what you want from a GM? Exactly what Dombroski gives - Not a lot away. In what world would you want your GM telling every club and agent exactly what he wants? Our price would go through the roof got everything. A GM isn't there to drip feed you (or any fan) up to date accurate information. Calling him a liar is hysterical nonsense.
  17. It's patently obvious that Kimmi's point is that Dombroski isn't in the habit of revealing every single detail or move to fans. He clearly plays things close to his chest on times and is a fan of misdirection when it suits. Still, at least you managed to take a cheap jibe at her for stating the obvious, eh?
  18. I'd love for us to get Stanton as he's 100% opting out and it would be perfect for us. Get the best years and let him ride out the career on the West Coast with no cost to ourselves for the late years. Not going to happen though, clearly.
  19. Ah, I'll not be going anywhere. For the most part its a great board with lots of interesting conversation and I come here for mostly all my Sox news. The petulance of some is becoming a bind, but so be it. Hopefully it'll settle down. I remember the arguments when Fred was here and I never thought it would end. Some of the same culprits couldn't help themselves then either, but it settled down in the end, so I live in hope.
  20. I'm completely relaxed. It's just difficult to read the threads when it's people taking childish pops at each other each and every day. People debating the issues is fine, it's what we are all here for.
  21. As of late, the topic has been continually brought up by people making sneering, sarcastic or downright childish comments, regarding 'the cliff'. Prompting people to once-again explai their thinking. Which in turn prompts people to complain about people talking about 'the cliff'. It's a pathetic circle-jerk.
  22. This forum is unreadable on times. The bickering is insane. The farm is depleted and not in great shape. This is clear. This may well cause issues down the line when our quality young (and otherwise) players need to be extended or lost. It's harder to keep a team competitive for long periods of time without good players in the farm. That said, such an issue might not come to pass as there are a few years to go and there will be many moves to be made between then and now. A few trade deadline trades, if we're out of contention over the next few years, will re-stock nicely. Is there really the continued need for nitpicking and constant circling of this issue? It's pretty clear that deep down both sides agree with some form of the above. People apparently would rather be petty and keep needling each other.
  23. Love the sun. Allergic to fakeness, gaudyness and people spending all day trying to get the perfect Instagram photo.
  24. I think I'd contemplate suicide if I had to spend more than a week in South Beach, never mind the length of his career.
×
×
  • Create New...