Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Jasonbay44

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    20,280
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Jasonbay44

  1. Delcarmen pitched two innings last night.
  2. Don't screw this up Ramon Ramirez
  3. Nice job of hitting by Hermida, tied up.
  4. I agree, the pen had been used a lot lately and it was actually a smart move by Francona to see if Beckett could throw a couple scoreless innings. Its not Francona's fault that Beckett didn't have it and surrendered those two extra runs.
  5. Unbelievable, so in the past two times these teams have played, the Brewers have outscored the Pirates 37-3. That is unbelievably crazy.
  6. Alfonso Soriano.
  7. Welcome to talksox.
  8. Wasn't pretty, but ill most definitely take it.
  9. Im not basing Bard of amount on losses, Im basing it on what I've seen, in one game he received the loss, however i didn't see that game so I cant really judge him. Then, vs the Twins he allowed a homer to Cuddyer and nearly blew game, if Hermida didn't hit that 3 run double, Sox would of lost because Bard and against the Orioles on Friday, he gave up a 2 run homer to Jones to put the O's right back in the game. I don't see why Schoeneweis or Embree should stop us from getting Cruz. There is no point of having a second lefty in the pen if they cant even get out lefties. Id take Cruz over Schoeneweis or Embree. I doubt after seeing Schoeneweis pitch with the Red Sox so far that anyone would want him. What I'm saying is that we should keep Ramon Ramirez, activate Dice-k, sign Cruz, then get rid of Embree/Atchison/Schoeneweis. Late edit: Bard has looked outstanding his past two games, I'm not worried about him at all and should of clarified that, I was just pointing out that he hasn't even looked amazing so far. However, this may be a sign that Bard has figured it out.
  10. WTF was that Scutaro? haha.
  11. Smart managing by Francona, every pitcher is getting rocked so waste Atchison and Schoeneweis early.
  12. This game is starting to remind me of the game vs Texas a few years ago. The game were the Sox won something like 19-17.
  13. Why isn't this guy banned? Seriously, he adds nothing to this forum.
  14. Varitek with 4 RBI... in 4th inning
  15. Bases loaded for Lowell Here comes DP.
  16. Scutaro hitting his old team hard.
  17. Nice running catch by McDonald
  18. I didn't hear the Embree rumor till you just now told me. I agree with what you said, he isn't an upgrade over Schoeneweis and may in fact be worse at this point. Bard has already given up two homers and nearly lost three games already. I'm not really worried about him, but just pointing out that he hasn't been a shut down 8th inning guy thus far. I do have some concerns with Okajima but I am in no way saying we should cut him, although he has struggled thus far, he is still probably one of our better relievers. I wasn't saying we should cut ties with Ramon Ramirez either, he has struggled thus far but at least showed he can be dominant (see last year). Schoeneweis sucked last year and Atchison was in Japan. I was saying we should cut Schoeneweis or Atchison and then sign Juan Cruz. Although Cruz is a similar pitcher to Ramon Ramirez, he cant be worse then what we have right now. I agree with that, but no team is going to have their team consistently pitch 7 innings a night. Id think 6 is more expectable, this bullpen should be able to pitch three scoreless innings. Manny Delcarmen has been pretty good this year, my only worry with him is the walks. He has only allowed 2 hits this year, but the 6 walks and only 2 k's are somewhat concerning.
  19. Embree? When one of Atchison/Schoeneweis goes, it will be for Dice-k, then Wakefield is moving to the bullpen. I understand what you are saying, but Atchison still doesn't get the job done. Id rather see a guy who at least can throw hard out there with a chance of getting K's and getting out of the inning, like the recently released Juan Cruz. Right now the team has three guys in the pen who look terrible in Schoeneweis, Ramon Ramirez and Atchison. Oh and Okajima and Bard haven't been looking so good either. Schoeneweis or Atchison is going to be gone soon and I don't know what's up with Ramon Ramirez. This team needs to acquire another bullpen arm.
  20. Thats his defense for the decision? Thats unbelievable. Not sweeping this series was unacceptable, way to go Tito.
×
×
  • Create New...