Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Meh. The Senators were in DC forever and were awful. Even with Walter Johnson on the team. Twice the Senators franchise left DC and went elsewhere, where both versions have flourished. The Nats came from Montreal and have already won a WS.
  2. Error by Toro, Finally, we have headline for this game--"Sox commit their 73d error."
  3. I like Abreu a ton. Good bat, good glove, good arm. But when it comes to lineups, I trust Cora.
  4. You know something? You are prescient--and way, way, way smarter than dummy Cora.
  5. Duran made that inning for the Sox--and Buehler. Unfortunately, only errors are tracked statistically. Great defensive plays aren't tracked and consequently do not exist in the minds of most talksoxers. But the errors are mentioned repeatedly along with the conviction that the 2025 Sox have the worst defense in Sox history.
  6. Cora would pay big bucks if you would just stand next to him and discuss the game.
  7. Who is that masked man in LF for the Sox? Could it be Duran? Nope.
  8. Eaton looks pretty good at the plate--except for fastballs and curves. Went to VMI.
  9. I've got the MLB package, but am blacked out for all Atlanta, Baltimore, and Washington games because I live in Greensboro, NC However, I switched cables only because I was mad at the one I had. It took me 2 weeks to realize I get both MASN, which is the local channel for Orioles and Nats games, and fanduel, which carries the Braves. Amazing. That said, MASN is about 2 min behind gameday on mlb.com. I think Parker has 3 decent pitches in his curve, fastball, and splitter.
  10. Sox have way too may lefty bats in the lineup. It's hopeless.
  11. In today's game thread, I take a look at the Sox 2d half schedule. It's brutal--so much so that I have doubts about making the postseason.
  12. A terrific laydown in the OP. Lots of names and long paragraphs on each--in which the expected costs of trades are explored. You definitely did your homework.
  13. Good point. Anthony also doesn't hit lefties well. Plus Eaton and Gonzalez are batting 1st and 2d. However, I trust Cora's lineups implicitly.
  14. Washington Senators, not Washington Nationals. A win today with Buehler would be fantastic with Crochet pitching tomorrow. Then back to Boston for 3 against the Rockies and 4 vs the Rays. I think Bregman might go off the IL in time for the Rays. The won/lost record of the Sox this season isn't all that dramatic. In the first 52 games, 23 May, the day Bregman was hurt, they were 26 -26, having never been more than 3 games above .500 nor more than 2 games below .500. When Bregman dropped out, the Sox plummeted to 30-35, their low point of the season to date. And they came back to 36-36 largely because of great pitching in the 6 game winning streak. After Raffy left (last game June 15), the Sox went to 40-37 on the west coast trip before hitting another big slump taking them to 41-44 6 days ago. Now they seem to be coming back despite the absence of Bregman and Raffy and despite issues with the bullpen. The hitting is better and right now Crochet, Bello, and Giolito look pretty good as starters. The comeback should (and must) continue in DC and then in the 3 games vs Colorado back at Fenway. Then come 4 testing games vs the Rays. The real tough sledding is after the ASG when the Sox play 3 @ the Cubs, 3 at the Phillies, 3 vs the Dodgers at Fenway, and 3 @ Minnesota--at which point the it will be July 30 when Breslow can make his moves, if any. Those 12 games will no doubt affect his decision-making. Starting August 1, the Sox play 3 vs the Astros @ Fenway, 3 vs the Royals at Fenway, 3 @ San Diego, and 3 @ Houston. The Sox final 9 games are 3 @ Tampa, 3 @ Toronto, and 3 at Fenway vs. the Tigers. Given the above, I think the postseason is dicey even though I like this team.
  15. Buehler again. Washington: first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League.
  16. Houck is still struggling in AA.
  17. Toro's OPS is .799 and Gonzalez's is .857. I can't see spending money or prospects on a first baseman. I have my doubts about Casas's durability, but he is the presumed 1b for next season. Absolutely on the RP or two. Agree on difficulty of an SP.
  18. Happy 4th, everyone!! I'm watching the Boston fireworks after watching DC's and NYC's--with my wife of 61 years. They are spectacular and for us the best part of the 4th. I don't think the Declaration gets signed on July 4 if GW and the Continental Army don't drive the British out of Boston--never to return--in March 1776. How they did it is a saga unto itself. The vast majority of the 1776 Continental Army came from the Massachusetts militia.
  19. Big crowd at Nationals Park today because the fireworks aren't until tonight.
  20. Your title is utter nonsense unless you include pitching, which is half the team and at least 75% of a team's defense. I also disagree with the notion of building a "super defense" when a good one is more than adequate because hitting is job 1 for the lineup players.
×
×
  • Create New...