Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Why not send Ottavino back out to pitch the 9th?
  2. 28 pitches by the closer the day before a doubleheader. Dumb managing.
  3. Not nitpicking when the tying run by Chicago was unearned. I also think Cora erred in sending Barnes out to pitch the 9th with a 4 run lead, now a 3 run lead.
  4. The defense, on the other hand . . .
  5. This Sox lineup is relentless, the hounds from hell. And the bullpen once again is sterling.
  6. Very few people your age watch a Sox game with your devotion. So, if you want dog races and/or midgets pinch hitting, I'm for 'em. When I was about 10 years older than you I had an uncle who was about 55, lived in the Boston suburbs (W. Newton) and did not miss a Sox game--or inning, for that matter--on TV. I thought he was nuts.
  7. Great little rally. Very professional rbi's by Verdugo and Devers.
  8. Flashy uniforms, dog races, midgets pinch-hitting, fireworks, etc are what Bill Veeck used to bring fans in. But what keeps them coming back is how well the game is played, which means winning. Nice rbi by Verdugo, nice at bat.
  9. Love the hard hit ball by Plawecki. Shows our guys came to play hard ball despite the garish uniforms. Those uniforms are a sure sign no one in the FO is superstitious because that 9-4 record was achieved in traditional uniforms.
  10. The White Sox might be 6-7, but they have better pitching (ERA) and almost as good hitting (runs scored).
  11. They look like clowns. What's next, dog races between innings? The White Sox, on the other hand, look like a Major League Baseball team.
  12. Horrible uniforms. Hard to root for the home team.
  13. Wow. Someone said this out loud and in public. 14 pitchers means 9 position players day after day with just 2 subs: a catcher and someone pretty versatile. On the other hand, having just 2 subs means the Sox bench is going to be more engaged than those huge 3 man benches.
  14. Relatedly, we fans get to see that superimposed rectangle of the strike zone which gives us a huge advantage over what the human eye can see, even over what Ted Williams reputedly was able to see. That's why I don't like robots calling balls and strikes; it dehumanizes the game. I would object to the replays except that I think they end up saving more time because they prevent game delays when miffed players/coaches/managers go storming onto the field to complain about a call.
  15. Hope to watch on mlb.com. 4:05 on a Saturday is the same old Fox MLB game time, but I'm guessing this will given Fenway time to shed its white coat. Go Sox!!!
  16. Earl Grey or cocoa works for me.
  17. Et tu, Brute? Are we all this superstitious when we know in our heart of hearts it's the players who are working the magic? I do remember that in one game in the streak I was listening on the radio, the Sox fell behind, and I quit listening until they got the lead back. I'm 80 and endured 55 years of fandom during the 86 year curse--and should know better by now. FWIW, I also started an 8 straight game-winning thread in April 2018. But this year I'm banking my hopes on what I have seen on the field, a club that won't quit. The hitting is way better than expected, and so is the pitching. The defense, not so much.
  18. And me. Call it the old way.
  19. Et tu, Brute? Are we all this superstitious when we know in our heart of hearts it's the players who are working the magic? I do remember that in one game in the streak I was listening on the radio, the Sox fell behind, and I quit listening until they got the lead back. I'm 80 and endured 55 years of fandom during the 86 year curse--and should know better by now. FWIW, I also started an 8 straight game-winning thread in April 2018. It's on page 21. But this year I'm banking my hopes on what I have seen on the field, a club that won't quit. The hitting is way better than expected, and so is the pitching. The defense, not so much.
  20. Makes sense if the Sox can play tomorrow.
  21. I was a Colts fan when they had Johnny Unitas and not many snow games. Baltimore lost that team, but now have the Ravens. And the Orioles. Those two together are known as a win-lose combination.
  22. NOAA shows a lot of stuff around Boston, but says the temp will be 38 at 7 pm with 30% chance of precipitation and staying that way until maybe 10 pm when precipitation has an 80% chance. But the field may not be playable by game time.
  23. Interleague games make all kinds of sense. The WS lost its mystique when MLB decided they wanted a more inclusive postseason, which now begin with tiebreakers followed by one game play-ins, followed by DS, LS, and finally the WS. That's after a 162 game regular season which last about 6 months, playing 6 games a week.
  24. How is that possible? Cubs are documented losers, which means their fans are idiots. Cardinals have been remarkably successful for a century, give or take, thanks in large part to the genius of Branch Rickey who built the first farm system for them. Plus I can remember listening to Cardinals games any time I was on the road in the midwest. Their annual attendance is consistently in the top 5 in MLB and in 2019 was 2d most, 3.48M, behind the Dodgers 3.97M and ahead of the Yankees 3.30M. I have rooted for the Royals when I lived in Kansas, the Phillies when living in Pennsylvania (especially 1980 when they won the WS with Pete Rose), and the Astros (early days when Joe Morgan played for them) when living in Oklahoma. I've watched games in ballparks in KC, Philly, Baltimore, Washington (the Senators old park and the Nationals new one), Atlanta, and of course Boston (a special trip). When I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia, I imagined getting an RV and driving to games in every MLB ballpark, but of course didn't do so. My route would be: Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Houston, Arlington TX, Phoenix, San Diego, LA x 2, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, Denver, KC, St Louis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago x 2, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boston, NYC x 2, Philly, Baltimore, and DC.
×
×
  • Create New...