Jump to content
Talk Sox
  • Create Account

Maxbialystock

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,348
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

Boston Red Sox Videos

2026 Boston Red Sox Top Prospects Ranking

Boston Red Sox Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Boston Red Sox Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Boston Red Sox Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Maxbialystock

  1. Not such great stuff. The 2016 Sox had a 9 or 10 game winning streak in September which won the AL East even with the late losses.This year, as last year, we are in a race with the Guardians to get the higher playoff slot. Or are we doomed to play each other regardless of who is 2d and who is 3d?
  2. You noticed. I borrowed that word from moonslav.
  3. I also like that the Sox score 6 in a losing cause. The split with the Guardians keep us 2 1/2 ahead of the Guardians and 4 1/2 against the Yankees. Could easily have been worse, especially given the Kluber-Fister matchup. I still think Devers should drop down a tad in the order. I hope Davis can help but was not impressed with the K or the throw to the plate. The downside is going into tonight I thought our chances were good for 3-1 even given Sale's struggles vs. Cleveland. Plus I'm worried he might be getting tired.
  4. The biggest problem with tonight's game is its length combined with a game at Fenway tomorrow night--thank goodness it's a short trip. Also, we used a lot of relievers in the Cleveland series even with Fister's complete game. However, I believe Kelly, Reed, Barnes, and Kimbrel all now have 2 days rest because of Fister.
  5. ESPN is basically taking Girardi and the Yankees side in today's fracas. Granted, the Tigers hit Sanchez first, but it was not lethal and it in fact loaded the bases. The retaliation against Encarcion was with 2 outs and no one on, and you can't convince me the pitcher was trying to miss Encarcion. Then the Yankees hit a guy in the helmet, which to me was totally uncalled for, yet the Yankees completely defended it. The brawl after the Encarion episode also led to a lengthy delay of game, including a long warm-up by Chapman, which probably allowed the Tigers starter to come back cold and throw balls and the Yankees to score 3 to tie. I do believe the Tigers won on merit, not because of the HBP's and brawls. Both Girardi and his bench coach were benched, the latter after the Yankees beaned a Tiger.
  6. Ahem. In his last start--against the Yankees--he went 7 but gave up 4 mostly on dingers.
  7. Same thing to Ramirez. All cutters. 7 straight for the K.
  8. 4 straight cutters to nail Beni. Zero deception. Just a tough pitch..
  9. Boy do I hope you are right. In fact, that was my first thought, that for them he is too predictable. But tonight he also didn't seem to have that high heat he has had when he is scorching hitters.
  10. Might also be time to drop Devers back down if only because he hasn't turned 21 yet. Like everyone else I was astounded at how he came out of the gate. I mean that dinger off Chapman's 103 mph fast ball was the stuff of legends. He seemed to hit almost everything hard even with the K's. but--I'm repeating myself--that great run was a small sample size.
  11. Easily forgotten game. No worse than what we did to the Guardians in game 2. My only concern is about whether Sale is tiring in August. He throws hard and I think leads MLB in innings pitched. His is consistently better on 6 days rest.
  12. Devers is now 1 for 22, including tonight, in the five games when he was moved back up to 5th, where his OPS, season to date, is I think a good 400 points below his 1.225 OPS batting in the 6,7, and 9 slots. Going into tonight his batting 5th OPS, season to date, was .747, so the difference is almost .500. Small sample size of course, but, heck, his whole season is a small sample size.
  13. All of Workman's pitches are up in the zone?? See that? He finally gets the cutter down for an instant and easy out. The nose knows.
  14. Without the 2 throwing errors, a 6-4 game. Sale is the goat, but Devers and and Leon are the kids.
  15. That hurt. Recently, a lot of bad throws to 2d by Leon.
  16. You're right. So of course he got a great jump and got there with ease.
  17. Good swing by Ramirez on the 3-0 fastball with 2 outs and Devers, who has clearly cooled off, coming up. Plus he hit hard..
  18. That was a very hard hit single to right with only one out, but Holt didn't hesitate. Moonslav says he is a good base runner, and I agree.
  19. It is unarguable that Mookie struggles against breaking balls.
  20. I'm not so sure. They were great in game 1, but used a lot of guys and gave up 3 in game 2 and 4 last night. Not a good trend for them.
  21. Great walk by Hembree against Encarcion. 4 pitch walk is a lot better than a big hit or a walk on a 3-2 count..
  22. I think moonslav has already provided a definitive explanation on why.
  23. interesting. Farrell applies the 7 run rule to his ace after the fact and entirely because the Sox are back in this thing.
×
×
  • Create New...