Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BoSox34's rant for eligibility in NFL picks contest

Re: NFL Weekly Picks Contest - Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;289838;
    I don't play enough fantasty baseball to understand as well, but what is the problem with dropping players?
    Wasn't in the league, but based on whats been said, I think he dropped some real good players that normally would be keepers.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;289843;
    Sigh... Not only do you have a poor memory, you just don't get the point. First the facts :

__ Due to your poor behavior on Talksox, you were banned by Yeszir.

__ To get revenge, you dumped the four best players you could. This caused created an uneven playing environment for the nine remaining players that had and would invest considerable time in the league. This was clearly an act of an immature and inconsiderate individual. For doing this your team was frozen, and rightfully so.

__ You then pleaded with Yeszir to be reinstated using the : " I'm sorry, I'll never do it again, etc ". Yeszir, being the nice guy that he is, reinstated you.

__ You then pestered SOTK's, other league members, and myself to be reactivated. After a vote you were allowed to continue playing but you were declared ineligible for prizes. This came from input from the league members, but the final ruling was mine and still is.

__ After baseball, came the NFL Weekly Picks Contests. You state that you were a frequent player and were not a problem. Well, first you were allowed to play for fun, which you did for 5 out of 17 weeks. You were never eligible for prizes. Maybe you misunderstood and it wasn't reinforced because you never came close to winning. How much of a problem could you be. You had no chance at prizes.

__ Your statements about other leagues and your conduct are irrelevant, with exception of the 07' League #2. Yes, its true that you didn't cause a problem. But guess what, you don't get rewarded for not causing a problem ( since this is expected behavior ). You do, however, suffer repercussions from poor or substandard behavior. You can win the tittle but you are ineligible for the prize in this league also.

__ Your continued whining, PM's, and false statements will not further your cause. It just reinforces my belief that you're still immature and haven't learned your lesson. This entire conversation has nothing to do with this thread. You're trying to use your posts to semi-debate and add public opinion in your favor. You shouldn't try and respond to this post since it would then become something that belongs in "fights and crap". Which would only reinforce the fact that once again you're willing to cause inconvenience to others for your own personal gain.

When I feel that you've learned your lesson, I'll consider making you eligible for future prizes. To be fair, I suppose I'll have to tell you the lesson ( since you don't seem to get it ). When you break the rules you suffer the consequences.
    I was never banned by YesZir. I told him to ban me because I didn't want any part in it anymore...and thats b.s that you suddenly declare that I won't be able to win the prize in the Fantasy baseball league when it was never previously stated and I'm about to win it. I've learned my lesson. Give me a break...

You are just jealous that I recently sent your team packing in the fantasy baseball playoffs and now you're randomly bringing up an incident from 18 months ago where I dropped a few players and it took like 25 seconds to correct. Pppplease.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;289838;
    I don't play enough fantasty baseball to understand as well, but what is the problem with dropping players?
    He didn't just drop players that would be keepers, he was upset about something (I don't remember exactly what it was) and decided to drop some good players just to piss us off and ruin the league. It was a money league, so in order to keep him tame, I had to lock his team and add the players back onto his roster myself so he couldn't do any more damage.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289920;
    I was never banned by YesZir. I told him to ban me because I didn't want any part in it anymore...and thats b.s that you suddenly declare that I won't be able to win the prize in the Fantasy baseball league when it was never previously stated and I'm about to win it. I've learned my lesson. Give me a break...

You are just jealous that I recently sent your team packing in the fantasy baseball playoffs and now you're randomly bringing up an incident from 18 months ago where I dropped a few players and it took like 25 seconds to correct. Pppplease.
    In fairness, every time I've invited you to a fantasy league, SFOC (as well as other members) have shown some concern about your possible conduct. It's not like people have forgotten about it.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;289925;
    In fairness, every time I've invited you to a fantasy league, SFOC (as well as other members) have shown some concern about your possible conduct. It's not like people have forgotten about it.
    ...well I appreciate that but I think I've proven them wrong for the past 18 months. All I ask is for SFOC is to sit back and look at his decision for a second and realize that it won't happen again.

Deity

Hmm, good way to try to get back in his good graces. Really, an excellent idea.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;289969;
    Hmm, good way to try to get back in his good graces. Really, an excellent idea.
    I had to drop the truth. I mean, I'll happily play for fun but I just feel that the timing of this is convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;289819;
    You all act like it was a terrorist attack. I dropped 3-4 players in a fantasy baseball league a year and a half ago and it probably took less than 90 seconds to fix the changes.

Give me a chance. I've had great conduct in the leagues and contests since. Why was I allowed to participate in this contest last season but not this year, when the incident was before that?

Give me a break.
    your next post:

so how much time was it really

You are just jealous that I recently sent your team packing in the fantasy baseball playoffs
    You're a charmer
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;289983;
    your next post:

so how much time was it really

You're a charmer

Less than 90
    and 25 seconds is the same thing..

Meh, It's Ricks contest and Ricks money. If he believes that you should not be allowed to play, then I along with many others trust his judgement. If you don't mind playing for fun just like you said you didn't, then drop it and make your picks.

I think you were asleep when they were giving lessons in "conflict resolution."

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Pppplease.
    :lol:

Don't make fun of him guys. He might leave forever again and come back in a month.

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

I remember I was pretty annoyed when it happened. My team's been struggling in 10th or 12th place all year due to my internet problems on the day of the draft, but I never stopped trying until recently since the playoffs started. Dropping big name guys in an attempt to offset the balance and ruin a money league is an extreme no no in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;290022;
    Don't make fun of him guys. He might leave forever again and come back in a month.
    I actually wasn't making fun of him, it was funny.