Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Part IV: Who would you take?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Part IV: Who would you take?

It is the bottom of the ninth, the bases are loaded, and there are two outs. You are the visiting team, it is Game Seven of the World Series. You are winning, 5-4. The other team's dead pull-hitting number six batter laces a line drive into right field. It is sinking fast and tailing towards foul ground but there is a good chance it will land fair, winning the game, if your right fielder does not catch it. Now, who do you want in right field attempting to make that play?

A: Bobby Abreu
    B: A cocker-spaniel/Irish terrier mix with a baseball glove tied to the top of it's head
    C: A pile of rocks cleverly arranged to look like Ted Williams
    D: Jeffrey Maier, blindfolded and hopped up on Vicodin and Pop-Rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity

Re: Part IV: Who would you take?

Jesus, that's a tough one. Is the baseball glove on the Cocker-Spaniel/Terrier-mix's head a left or right paw'd glove?

I'm taking the rocks. They've been with me all season, I gotta stick with my guns.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by example1;283627;
    Jesus, that's a tough one. Is the baseball glove on the Cocker-Spaniel/Terrier-mix's head a left or right paw'd glove?
    ... does it matter?

I take the dog eleven times out of ten.

Banned

I choose option E:

Jose Canseco, post- steroids.

Did I win?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

If you are on vicodin, you arent hopped up at all.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;283674;
    If you are on vicodin, you arent hopped up at all.
    I take it all the time, and let me tell you, though I may not be hyperactive or anything of the sort, 'hopped up' definitely describes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

depends on the mood doc
    if you like vicodin and theyre part of your daily diet you get energy if you pop a few
    if you dont and are hooked.....well you know about opiate withdrawals

i take jeff meier
    hes got an impeccable track record of success

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;284149;
    i take jeff meier
    hes got an impeccable track record of success
    I'd substitute Mikey the Life cereal kid for Meier, keeping the Pop Rocks but substituting Coke for the Vicodin.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

vicodin
    it isnt just for breakfast