Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn it.

Super Moderator

Goddamn it.

I want to watch the Giants @ Dodgers game tonight, and then I found out that Joe Morgan and Chris fuckin' Berman mlnasdfkljgan mmmmmmmmmmm Erin Andrews mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry about that. Anyways, I was saying that Joe Morgan and Chris Berman are the worst pair of announcers I can think of (maybe even worse than Hawk's crew...maybe). Then again, would I prefer Jon Miller? I donno.

Who's worse?

Re: Goddamn it.

- That particular Indians crew with 3 guys last week was pretty bad.

- Back in June when the Sox were in Seattle the Mariners FSN crew were really dull.

- The Royals guys on RSTN are horrible. It feels like you're watching a AAA game, from the team, to the broadcasters, to the hazy picture.

But hey, at least you've got the occasional Erin Andrews update. Do you have MLB Extra Innings? If you do, just flip over there and listen to that.

Deity

Michael Kay/Joe Girardi?

Super Moderator

:lol: I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Buck and McCarver!

Super Moderator

lol @ Larry King.

Hawk Harrelson.

No contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Last night I was blessed with the FSN Bay area feed of Kruko and Kuiper. Those two idiots make you want to stick ice picks in your ears. I will watch ESPN with no sound if Miller Morgan and that Fat Ass Loud Mouth are doing the game.

I'd hate to be the person who has to clean up the ESPN booth. With all the jerking off to Barry over the last 3 days. It had to be a mess in there.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;281200;
    Hawk Harrelson.

No contest.
    You can put that one on the board. Yes.

By FAR he most annoying.

Wow, this isn't even close in my mind...........'the hawk' is just terrible. I would welcome Buck and McIdiot with open arms if the alternative was "the hawk show' If anyone has any questions about him, here he is doing a radio interview on WEEI while the whitesox were in town

http://www.weei.com/pages/268228.php

Download:
    http://weei.podzinger.com/externalLi...roadcaster.mp3
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Legend

I dont know what their names are but the two jackasses that do the White Sox games for Comcast. I understand local guys tend to have homer characteristics but these two are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;281212;
    I dont know what their names are but the two jackasses that do the White Sox games for Comcast. I understand local guys tend to have homer characteristics but these two are ridiculous
    ya that's 'the hawk'
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Girardi is not so bad, considering. At least he's a great baseball manager. That gives him a pass. Same with Orel. He may not be the best commentator, but he does a great job sticking to his strong suits, pitching analysis etc. Morgan is a racist. McCarver thinks his shit don't stink. Buck has a voice but lacks a brain to properly use it. It be nice to see less homerism coming from the booth, ala Vin Scully. The Anahiem Angels annoucers are the worst. Mota likes to pronouce every Latin players name like he's taking an oral exam in Spanish class.

McCarver = Steve Carltons Bitch

I've gotta be honest...I don't mind Joe Morgan. Yea he states the obvious, but he's got a good voice, which is more than I can really say about a lot of the other guys. I've come to realize something: I know far more about baseball than the average viewer does. I'm not going to get any kind of new information from anyone calling the game. Anything new that they could tell me would be absolutely Greek to the casual fan. Unfortunately, the guys that call the games don't cater to the hardcore fan; they cater to the casual fan. You give me a guy that has a good voice and doesn't annoy the living bejesus out of me, then I'm OK with it. Jon Miller annoys the hell out of me. McCarver is just senile.

Can anyone imagine those KC guys and McCarver calling a game together? Jesus Christ...the collective age of that booth would be like 400.

Legend

yea but Joe Morgan is almost patronizing with his analysis, thats what annoys me