Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TITLE EDITED: sotk's request...post #4

Legend

Re: TITLE EDITED: sotk's request...post #4

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson's '67 World Series;281254;
    Great stuff. There should be entire websites dedicated to posting text and sound from giving shit to customer service assholes. Dell's customer service alone would be a comedy goldmine.

Granted, this dude really had it coming, but still - I think you guys stumbled upon a premium source of entertainment.
    Dell sucks. I've never had more trouble with customer service. I called them, told the guy exactly what the problem was and that I needed a new power cord. He made me go through about 45 minutes worth of "tests" with him before he concluded that I needed a new power cord.

As for this website, it'd be a hell of a lot more fun if the customer service actually tried to help you. I could barely get them to respond and it seemed like they just had stock answers and responses. By the way, Thumper, good stuff!

Dell's cutomer "service" is laughable in itself. My one experience - I emphasize "one" because there will never be another so long as I live - was so reprehensibly long mostly due to the fact that I not only could not understand 4 of every 5 words out of the guy's mouth...but he couldn't understand me either. That provided over an hour's worth of fun despite the fact that I went out of my way to speak clear and proper English.

I can only imagine what it would be like if someone had called with an accent or speech impediment. Maybe I'll try that sometime for fun - and as a corollary, throw in a rule that every time he says "what?" I have to also say "what?". That should be fun.

The epilogue - I finally dicked around with my laptop until I found the problem myself. Thanks Dell!
    Fear the Mooninite.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson's '67 World Series;281433;
    Dell's cutomer "service" is laughable in itself. My one experience - I emphasize "one" because there will never be another so long as I live - was so reprehensibly long mostly due to the fact that I not only could not understand 4 of every 5 words out of the guy's mouth...but he couldn't understand me either. That provided over an hour's worth of fun despite the fact that I went out of my way to speak clear and proper English.

I can only imagine what it would be like if someone had called with an accent or speech impediment. Maybe I'll try that sometime for fun - and as a corollary, throw in a rule that every time he says "what?" I have to also say "what?". That should be fun.

The epilogue - I finally dicked around with my laptop until I found the problem myself. Thanks Dell!
    Yep, definetely couldn't understand 'em. I soon after got rid of my Dell and bought a new laptop. Talking to their automated machine isn't much better.

"You said you want to talk to a customer service representative, is this correct?"

"Yes."

"You said yes, is this correct?"

"Yes!"