Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Super Moderator

Dave Matthews Band

Any fans? DMB is one of my favorite bands of all time. I really think they'll be looked at as one of the greatest bands ever when they call it quits. I'm going to see them on August 1st at the Tweeter Center; I'll be watching from the lawn. Anyone else going?

Legend

Re: Dave Matthews Band

Nope, not much of a fan, although a few of their songs are alright, I suppose. I just looked up the Tweeter Center because you're "lawn" comment had me intrigued. Looks like a cool place to see a show... especially since I love outdoor concerts (oddly enough, though... I've never even seen a show at Red Rocks...)

Why do people like the Dave Matthews Band? I think they're okay, but I'm glad to say I've helped several of my buddies start down their road to recovery of their DMB addiction.
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MDF3530;278515;
    Why do people like the Dave Matthews Band? I think they're okay, but I'm glad to say I've helped several of my buddies start down their road to recovery of their DMB addiction.
    I don't know. I can just get into their music so easily. It's like a calming tune to my ears.

august 1? i got box seats. im going, stocker is going too, he has a box too but its not mine. my dads got like the hook up with tweeter stuff through his work, he has like 5 boxes for this one date or somethign

Super Moderator

You and I always go to the same event it seems. Same Celtics games (on 2 occasions I think), a Red Sox game, and now this. Whenever I actually do something with tickets, you're there. It's so weird.

This is my rifle....

Love 'em. Used to see them live at small bars around UVA when I had friends there and they were doing the mid-Atlantic college circuit prior to breaking out. Seen 'em live maybe 7 or 8 times. They are better live than in studio.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;278641;
    Love 'em. Used to see them live at small bars around UVA when I had friends there and they were doing the mid-Atlantic college circuit prior to breaking out. Seen 'em live maybe 7 or 8 times. They are better live than in studio.
    Yea DMB puts on a great show...I saw them once in '96 at a place in Syracuse that holds like 4,000 people...I bought tickets on the day of the show (Can tell how long ago THAT was). I've seen them 10 or so times since then...I usually go to back to back shows at Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga, NY...the woods behind there are where he filmed the Crash Into Me video, or so I hear.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;278641;
    I'm so excited. I really think, well at least for me, they'll be looked at as one of the best bands of all-time. I just love their music. I bought their CD which was their live show at Fenway Park. It's amazing.