Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Hagadone

Re: Nick Hagadone

I wonder what his future is. He is very effective in short bursts. He might be one hell of a reliever and could be on the fast track if he is kept as one.

cem21/temple from soxprospects charted Hagadone tonight, and he consistently hit 93-95 throughout his 3 innings of work, once touching 96
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;286333;
    I wonder what his future is. He is very effective in short bursts. He might be one hell of a reliever and could be on the fast track if he is kept as one.
    I believe they're keeping his innings limited for the rest of the year, and then he'll be starting next season.

Back on August 31st: 3 IP, 1 hit, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 K. Trio of walks but some good strikeout numbers and still no ER.

Since his first outing: 20 IP, 7 hits, 0 ER, 6 BB, 26 K

Double A

He also reportedly hit 97-98 mph on the Lowell radar gun. Even if the gun is 1-2 mph fast, that still means he was hitting mid 90's with his fastball while pitching multiple inning. As a lefty.

If Hagadone can improve upon his changeup--which supposedly has the potential to become a plus pitch--to go along with his fastball (which he spots pretty well) and his already plus slider then we could be talking about a special special prospect. While he has a loonnggg way to go, the upside of Hagadone--whether it be as a starter or reliever--is looking terrific right about now.

Hagadone with possibly his best outing yet: 3 IP, 1 hit, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K

Since first outing: 23 IP, 8 hits, 0 ER, 7 BB, 32 K

Is this kid in the mold of a Scott Kazmir for anyone thats scene him?

I hear mid-90s fastball and a power slider. If thats te case and he keeps the ball down with consistent control then I really like what we have.

Again for anyone that has scene him, how is his delivery?....3-quarter delivery, high kick, comparison maybe?

Hagadone owns...

5.0 inning, 2 hits, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K

...honestly I think this kid should be in AA and Masterson should be in AAA

Quote Originally Posted by SchillingIsTheNatural;293536;
    Is this kid in the mold of a Scott Kazmir for anyone thats scene him?

I hear mid-90s fastball and a power slider. If thats te case and he keeps the ball down with consistent control then I really like what we have.

Again for anyone that has scene him, how is his delivery?....3-quarter delivery, high kick, comparison maybe?
    I haven't scene him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SchillingIsTheNatural;318340;
    Hagadone owns...

If you want Hagadone and Masterson to be groomed as starters, they will need to take it one step at a time. If you want them in your pen, Masterson might be ready by the end of the yr and Hagadone by midyear next yr.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;318778;
    If you want Hagadone and Masterson to be groomed as starters, they will need to take it one step at a time. If you want them in your pen, Masterson might be ready by the end of the yr and Hagadone by midyear next yr.
    That is true but I see no reason why both players couldn't take their first steps in the majors as relievers. Plenty of teams bring there kids up in the pen then move them to the rotation. We almost did it with Papelbon, the Yanks plan on doing it with Joba, the Twins did it with Santana and Liriano, the Indians did it with Carmona, etc etc etc.

I guess its premature to do what I suggest but I'm pretty sure both players will make a jump (if not a few levels) sometime this season.

Also keep an eye on Daniel Bard...he's been dominate thus far as a reliever.

This is my rifle....

Bard is in A ball. I think the guy responsible for this line in Pawtucket should get a look as immediate help before we mess with the development of Masterson and Hagadone, or look at Bard seriously.

4 G, 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;318899;
    Bard is in A ball. I think the guy responsible for this line in Pawtucket should get a look as immediate help before we mess with the development of Masterson and Hagadone, or look at Bard seriously.

4 G, 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
    Agreed Craig Hansen gets the first look. Also I wasn't talking about Bard going to Boston...just keep an eye on him cause he's starting to put himself together. A message for all those who wrote him off as a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by SchillingIsTheNatural;318340;
    Hagadone owns...

Theres no reason to rush these guys. The Sox rotation and BP is pretty much filled up at this point for the forseable future. You could move them up, but there going to be blocked eventually. Let these guys marinate where there at, let them become absolutely dominate at there respective levels, polish the secondary pitches and gain confidence. So when they do hit the next level, theres a few less bumps in the road.

Besides let them pad there stas, if the Sox decide to trade them, they will probably bring more back LOL

Hagadone was removed from last nights game with a sore arm.
    Hal sucks