Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Drew & Lugo - Career Perspective

Drew & Lugo - Career Perspective

People keep accusing me of being down on Drew and Lugo because of 60 games. This is not the case. They have been garbage their whole careers.

Drew:
    .280 hitter with mediocre power who doesn't drive in runs and gets hurt a lot.
    he's never topped 100 RBIU
    he's only topped 20 HRs twice
    He's only hit .300+ once
    His strike out to walk ratio is not good

He is a career disappointment. Just not a good player, even when healthy.
    there is a reason the Dodgers CELEBRATED when he opted out of his $11 mill per year deal. They didn't think he was worth it.

Lugo:

Error machine
    never scored 100 runs in a season
    never hit .300 in a season
    strikes out a lot for a leadoff man and doesn't walk much.

Lugo played for a playoff team last year and only got 1 at bat, a pinch hit strike out with RISP. His team was in the post season, and he didn't play. That's how bad he is.

the Drew and Lugo naysayers aren't talking about 60 bad games, they are talking about almost two decades worth of samples from these two players.

This is my rifle....

Re: Drew & Lugo - Career Perspective

The entire baseball performance analysis community thinks you are a peter puffer.

no, the community of theo circle jerkers think i am a peter puffer. but the entire baseball performance analysis community of non-theo kook aid drinkers agree with me.

9.5 game leads dont buy you what they used to.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Theo;262993;
    no, the community of theo circle jerkers think i am a peter puffer. but the entire baseball performance analysis community of non-theo kook aid drinkers agree with me.
    The only people who agree with you enjoy the delectable flavor of short bus window pane.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;262995;
    9.5 game leads dont buy you what they used to.
    we had a big lead last august, but Theo cried that he didn't have enough money to compete and we blew it.

9.5 lead in june is nothing. Not when our GM thinks that Matt clement is better than Pedro MArtinez and that coco is better than Johnny.

Major Leaguer

hindsight may be 20/20, but renteria > lugo, but i'd rather have cabrera, he has talent and just as important, the right chemistry to fit in and produce in a place like boston. i dont worship at the altar of theo, but he has made some great and not so great transactions...lugo + nancy drew belong in the not so great category.
    "Think for yourself.
    Question authority."
    -Timothy Leary

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Theo;263003;
    we had a big lead last august, but Theo cried that he didn't have enough money to compete and we blew it.

9.5 lead in june is nothing. Not when our GM thinks that Matt clement is better than Pedro MArtinez and that coco is better than Johnny.
    actually, you didnt. We were tied on August 1st. After that, poof, cause the rest of your team got injured.