Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: June 7th @ Oakland - Curt's Near No-No

This is my rifle....

June 7th @ Oakland - Curt's Near No-No

That's right, I didn't follow the thread title format. You know why? Because the shit ends tonight. A Sox loss combined with a Yankee win is like a rain storm because the worms come out. You can see it with the return of Gom and others of his ilk.

So, it's time to stop the rain.

Long as I remember the rain been comin down.
    Clouds of mystry pourin confusion on the ground.
    Good men through the ages, tryin to find the sun;
    And I wonder, still I wonder, wholl stop the rain?

I went down virginia, seekin shelter from the storm.
    Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
    Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
    And I wonder, still I wonder wholl stop the rain?

Heard the singers playin, how we cheered for more.
    The crowd had rushed together, tryin to keep warm.
    Still the rain kept pourin, fallin on my ears.
    And I wonder, still I wonder wholl stop the rain?

Curt will stop the rain, that's who. Today, we go to the old war horse. Old blood and guts (and bloody socks). This is a big game, and while Beckett may be the ace of the staff, Curt is still the big game pitcher. Today he shows it again.

vs.

Re: Stop the Rain! 6/7 vs. the A's

just win.....please!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Banned

Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work. Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other. I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;260980;
    Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work. Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other. I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.
    Same story every time, Gom. Same story. When they lose you're tougher to find than a straight chick at the Lilith Fair. "I was out of town", "I was going out", "The dog ate my computer". Not buying. And, if you were going, then why are you here? Words betrayed by actions once again. You are what you are, worm-boy, and everyone can see it.

The sox have not lost a game yet this year played on a thursday....let the trend continue
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;260996;
    The sox have not lost a game yet this year played on a thursday....let the trend continue
    Bit of a stretch buy hey what the hell.....Lets Go Sox! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;260980;
    Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work.
    So if we start ripping wins again and put it back to 14games or so, will you go away again?

Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other.
    All i can take from this is either:

A-You are brand new to the site

B-Rational thought escapes you

C-Your hatred for everything redsox overwhelms your normal brain functions

I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.
    As good as it's been lately, you're still 10.5 games back:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxnation07;260997;
    Bit of a stretch buy hey what the hell.....Lets Go Sox! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:thumbsup:
    I'll take what i can get right now

All-Star

WIN FUCKERS WIN

We need win bad . dont let the yankees back in it . Schill we need you man .

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;260996;
    their also 15-3 in day games , so yes let the trend continue

I just wana say sorry I caused us to loose I bet the sox last night . I will never bet on them again.

Fenway Resident

Its sounding like Tito wants to give Manny the day off... he also might give other players a day off, basically game 1 redux. Ok I know its on the west coast but this is a must win game as any with your trusted stopper pitching, why baby and rest players?

I'll update the lineups once more info comes in

Curt Schilling (13 games vs Oakland, 4-3 with a 3.13 ERA---Career at McAfee Coliseum in 5 games, 2-1 with a 3.91 ERA)
    Shannon Stewart, 2 for 11 (.182 avg)
    Mark Ellis, 5 for 18 (.278 avg) Double, Triple, HR, 2 RBIs, Walk, 2 Ks
    Nick Swisher, 2 for 14 (.143 avg) Double, RBI, 6 Ks
    Eric Chavez, 1 for 20 (.050 avg) Double, 2 RBIs, 2 Walks, 4 Ks
    Jack Cust, 1 for 4 (.250 avg) 2 Ks
    Dan Johnson, 1 for 7 (.143 avg) HR, RBI, Walk, 2 Ks
    Marco Scutaro, 3 for 12 (.250 avg) K
    Mark Kotsay, 22 for 76 (.289 avg) 4 Doubles, Triple, 6 RBIs, 3 Walks, 16 Ks
    Jason Kendall, 21 for 71 (.296 avg) 4 Doubles, 3 HRs, 6 RBIs, 3 Walks, 7 Ks
    ///
    Milton Bradley, 2 for 12 (.167 avg) RBI, 2 Ks
    Travis Buck, 2 for 3 (.667 avg) Double
    Bobby Crosby, 3 for 15 (.200 avg) 5 Ks
    Adam Melhuse, 0 for 4, 3 Ks
    Joe Blanton (4 games vs Boston, 2-1 with a 2.65 ERA---Career at McAfee Coliseum in 39 games, 17-12 with a 3.63 ERA)
    Julio Lugo, 5 for 18 (.278 avg) 2 Doubles, 2 RBIs, 2 Ks
    Kevin Youkilis, 1 for 7 (.143 avg) RBI, 2 Walks, K, SB
    David Ortiz, 4 for 11 (.364 avg) HR, 2 RBIs, Walk, 2 Ks
    Manny Ramirez, 5 for 9 (.556 avg) RBI, 2 Walks, K no day off
    J.D. Drew, 2 for 7 (.286 avg)
    Mike Lowell, 1 for 8 (.125 avg) RBI, Walk, SB
    Jason Varitek, 3 for 12 (.250 avg) 3 Ks
    Alex Cora, 0 for 3
    Coco Crisp, 2 for 11 (.182 avg) Double, Walk, SB
    ///
    Eric Hinske, 1 for 15 (.067 avg) Double, 2 Ks
    Dustin Pedroia, 0 for 3
    Schilling this season vs Oakland in 2 games, 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA. On the road in 6 games, 4-2 with a 3.44 ERA

Blanton this season vs Boston in 2 games, 0-1 with a 3.19 ERA. At home in 6 games, 2-2 with a 1.91 ERA
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Whats up riverside . Man these A's are killing me its not even the second half of the season yet . We cant let them sweep us .

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;261046;
    Its sounding like Tito wants to give Manny the day off... he also might give other players a day off, basically game 1 redux. Ok I know its on the west coast but this is a must win game as any with your trusted stopper pitching, why baby and rest players?

I'll update the lineups once more info comes in

Schilling this season vs Oakland in 1 game, 2.57 ERA. On the road in 5 games, 3-2 with a 4.40 ERA

Blanton this season vs Boston in 1 game, 5.14 ERA. At home in 5 games, 2-1 with a 2.04 ERA
    He just fucking went out of his mind last night on the umpire...and now he wants to rest players? Let them play...there's a reason you went out of your mind last night. That was to get this team off their asses and playing like they're supposed to. And now he wants to rest them? Huh?