Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: De La Hoya vs Mayweather Online Feed .

Deity

Re: De La Hoya vs Mayweather Online Feed .

ESPN has DLH winning 6 and 7.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;248499;
    ESPN has DLH winning 6 and 7.
    Mayweather 8.

This is my rifle....

I think 8 goes to DLH, 9 to FM, but either could go either way. DLH is pushing the action, FM is countering, but nobody is really hurting the other guy.

Deity

Is the fight really as close as ESPN thinks?

Major Leaguer

It's Mayweather

Deity

Yeah, Mayweather won.

Reactions? Did the fight "save" boxing?

What was the scoring?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;248507;
    What was the scoring?
    One had De La Hoya 115-113, the other two had Mayweather.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;248505;
    Yeah, Mayweather won.

Reactions? Did the fight "save" boxing?
    I laid down my $54.95 to watch the fight, and I wasn't disappointed. I doubt it "saved" boxing, because the casual fan (which the arena was packed with) was looking for a TKO.

I was disappointed that someone actually picked De La Hoya to win the fight. Arguably, he could have won five rounds AT BEST. He threw a ton of punches, but he really didn't hit with any. His body punches were ineffective at best. He did throw a great left jab, but he went away from it late. He wasn't going to land his left hook, but he kept trying for it.

Mayweather is so freaking fast, I can see why no one has been able to knock him out. Any other boxer would have got hit by at least 10% of the missed punches by De La Hoya, which would have won him the fight.

I had it scored Mayweather 8-4.

Jim Lampley is a tool, BTW.

EDIT* Don't feel sorry for De La Hoya, aside for taking in that massive purse for getting his ass kicked by Mayweather, he gets to go home to that absolute bombshell. Holy shit, un-freaking incredible.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Legend

Way to put it, Crespo. It was a great fight... close throughout. I was suprised that one official had De La Hoya winning. He fought a better fight than I had expected, though. De Lay Hoya looked pretty from a distance but a lot of this big shots didn't land. To boxing fans, it was a great, great fight. But the fans that don't really follow would be disappointed that nobody hit the canvas.

Mayweather's great -- amazing how quick he is. I'd lay down the money if there was ever a rematch, which I'm not counting on.

115-113 De La Hoya
    116-112 Mayweather
    115-113 Mayweather

Mayweather threw less punches, and might've connected on more. I love how Mayweather came out wearing red and green and a sombrero, too.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Boy I'm glad I bet on Mayweather.

*Walks away with $500 cash*

Yeah that goes to my car insurance and other shitty bills...
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;248512;
    Boy I'm glad I bet on Mayweather.

*Walks away with $500 cash*

Yeah that goes to my car insurance and other shitty bills...
    How the fuck did you get even money on Mayweather?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;248515;
    That's what I'm wondering.

Anyways... the fight wasn't as close as it looked according to the stats... I'm not sure how accurate they are, though...

Ringside punching stats favored Mayweather heavily, crediting him with landing 207 of 481 punches to 122 of 587 for De La Hoya. Mayweather also landed more power punches than De La Hoya, outscoring him 138-82.
    Almost 100 more punches connected in 100 less throws... amazing. No wonder Mayweather had a "What the fuck?!" type of look on his face when they announced that the first judge had DLH winning.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Deity

Teddy Atlas on ESPN:

"It may have been a close fight, but you knew who won."

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;248515;
    Made a bet with a friend of mine. He's a huge De La Hoya fan so I decided to piss him off and draw him into a bet. He isn't too happy right now.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club