Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lester Rehab

Re: Lester Rehab

Lester has been great, but I'm all for giving him as much time as needed. Tavarez has been rock solid lately in the 5 slot, and with Beckett back the rotation is full. Maybe give him 2-3 more rehab starts, then bring him up and see how he does? I think Tavarez would be a very effective middle reliever considering his numbers against the opposing lineups the first time around.

i think hes ready
    Peters34
    Go Sox

I say one more start from Lester, to get him around 100 pitches and then bring him up then. It will be a huge boost for the rotation even though Tavarez has been pitching decently.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;256246;
    Lester has been great, but I'm all for giving him as much time as needed. Tavarez has been rock solid lately in the 5 slot, and with Beckett back the rotation is full. Maybe give him 2-3 more rehab starts, then bring him up and see how he does? I think Tavarez would be a very effective middle reliever considering his numbers against the opposing lineups the first time around.
    couldnt agree more

Banned

I say keep him down as long as he needs. We're a power house right now, and while he makes us better, we're fine right now so let him mature a little if he needs it and next year... look out. All I know, is that when he does come back, I'll be dissappointed if he doesn't get the loudest ovation any player has got at fenway all year long. The kid battled back from cancer, he deserves it.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

All-Star

If it aint broken dont fix it. I think that Lester needs more stamina. And i agree about the standing ovation. He most certainly should. I would fully expect one wherever he pitches including Yankee Stadium

another great effort last nite
    7ip 1 earned??

ya

According to the Boston Globe, Jon Lester (forearm) is likely to make at least one more minor league rehab start at Triple-A before rejoining the Red Sox's rotation.

The newspaper reports that there are "strong indications" that Lester will not replace Julian Tavarez this weekend. After allowing one run in a seven-inning complete game Monday at Pawtucket, Lester has a 0.87 ERA in four starts since returning from forearm cramping.
    -rotoworld

even though he is pitching great in Pawtucket with the .87 ERA, he only has 10 K's in 21 IP. Rotoworld thinks that's because the Sox have Lester avoiding throwing his cutter.

Unless Tavarez really implodes as the 5th starter and we can't make a move for anyone else, keep Lester down there for the year, unless theres an injury or Tavarez starts sucking.

Super Moderator

Tavarez does suck. He's just lucky enough to keep us in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;259415;
    another great effort last nite
    7ip 1 earned??

ya
    I think he was incredibly efficient too, throwing something like 86 pitches through 7. Only one K though.

Major Leaguer

That's pretty crazy throwing 95 and pitching to contact. How many Walks has he issued?
    DeadHead

How you doin'? -Jerry Remy

last 4 games for Lester--

20.2 IP, 10 K's, 5 BB's, 12 H, 2 ER, .87 ERA