Register now to remove this ad

Thread: When you need a good laugh...

All-Star

When you need a good laugh...

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Re: When you need a good laugh...

Moved to Fights and Crap, per unoffical YES board link policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

All-Star

1. Johnny Damon CF
    2. Derek Jeter SS
    3. Bobby Abreu RF
    4. Gary Sheffield 1B
    5. Jason Giambi DH
    6. Alex Rodriguez 3B
    7. Hideki Matsui LF
    8. Jorge Posada C
    9. Robinson Cano 2B

SP - Randy Johnson
    SP - Mike Mussina
    SP - Chien Ming Wang
    SP - Jaret Wright
    SP - Cory Lidle

RP - Jeff Karstens
    RP - Ron Villione
    RP - Scott Procter
    RP - Mike Myers
    RP - Octovio Dotel
    SU - Kyle Farnsworth
    CL - Mariano Rivera

C - Sal Fassano
    INF - Miguel Cairo
    1B - Craig Wilson
    OF - Bernie Williams

These are your 2006 Champs!!!!

Formerly known as Carter To Arod YanksNets1513 (Thats my winter user name.)

2006 World Series Here We Come!!!

*YANKEE SUPPORTER*
    That was one of their guys signatures. I guess he will be changing that soon, sucka.
    Remember the Faith. Zc

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papelbon58;200410;
    That was one of their guys signatures. I guess he will be changing that soon, sucka.
    I love how he left Melky, one of the best players on the team and a key contributor, off of that list, but made sure to include Cairo and Fasano.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

All-Star

They're pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;200439;
    They're pathetic.
    Sickening, wimpering weak-minded fools.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;200415;
    ha..that one did make me laugh

1. Ichiro Suzuki-CF
    2. Derek Jeter- SS (2006 MVP)
    3. Albert Pujols-1B
    4. Vlad Guerrero-RF
    5. Alfonso Soriano-LF
    6. Miguel Cabrera-3B
    7. Travis Hafner-DH
    8. Joe Mauer-C
    9. Robinson Cano-2B

1. Johan Santana
    2. Roy Halladay
    3. Carlos Zambrano
    4. Francisco Liriano
    5. Chin Mien Wang

Closer-Marano Rivera
    Jonathan Papelbon-RP
    Billy Wagner-RP
    bobby Jenks-RP
    Francisco Rodriguez-RP
    Joe Nathan-RP

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Papelboner;200586;
    1. Ichiro Suzuki-CF
    2. Derek Jeter- SS (2006 MVP) <---LMAO
    3. Albert Pujols-1B
    4. Vlad Guerrero-RF
    5. Alfonso Soriano-LF
    6. Miguel Cabrera-3B
    7. Travis Hafner-DH
    8. Joe Mauer-C
    9. Robinson Cano-2B

1. Johan Santana
    2. Roy Halladay
    3. Carlos Zambrano
    4. Francisco Liriano
    5. Chin Mien Wang

Closer-Marano Rivera
    Jonathan Papelbon-RP
    Billy Wagner-RP
    bobby Jenks-RP
    Francisco Rodriguez-RP
    Joe Nathan-RP
    What's that a list of? Some of the top players at each position? :harhar:
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Yankees 2007

is that serious or..
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedRuffing15;200452;
    ha..that one did make me laugh

Haha, Detroit a small market...

:lol:

Super Moderator

Speaking of which...

Going back to the argument that the Yankee fans are the reason that everyone hates the Yankees...

I was on a plane today coming back from Tallahassee (had to make a stop in North Carolina first, the Tallahassee airport is regional). The guy I sat next to was from North Carolina, born and raised. He was a Braves fan because Atlanta's the closest baseball city. He asked if I was going to Boston for work, vacation, back home...well, I said I lived there. The FIRST thing he said to me after that was: "It's very nice to see the Yankees eliminated, isn't it?"

At first, I was kind of surprised that he said that because he was a Braves fan. I would expect him to actually be more in favor of the Yankees since the Braves are rivals with the Mets, who are rivals with the Yankees (you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing). He said that he and everyone he knows who are fans of other teams not named the Red Sox HATE the Yankees with everything they have because of, get this, not their payroll or how they "buy" championships (as would be expected as a cause of hate), but because of their FANS. He said that whenever he sees a fan of the Yankees with his nose in the air like he's the shit for supporting a team who has the most championships in baseball, he wants to puke.

Anyway...yeah. More support for my argument that the fans are the basis of the hate for the Yankees. Keep in mind, this was a Braves fan from North Carolina that was saying this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;200897;
    Speaking of which...

Going back to the argument that the Yankee fans are the reason that everyone hates the Yankees...

I was on a plane today coming back from Tallahassee (had to make a stop in North Carolina first, the Tallahassee airport is regional). The guy I sat next to was from North Carolina, born and raised. He was a Braves fan because Atlanta's the closest baseball city. He asked if I was going to Boston for work, vacation, back home...well, I said I lived there. The FIRST thing he said to me after that was: "It's very nice to see the Yankees eliminated, isn't it?"

At first, I was kind of surprised that he said that because he was a Braves fan. I would expect him to actually be more in favor of the Yankees since the Braves are rivals with the Mets, who are rivals with the Yankees (you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing). He said that he and everyone he knows who are fans of other teams not named the Red Sox HATE the Yankees with everything they have because of, get this, not their payroll or how they "buy" championships (as would be expected as a cause of hate), but because of their FANS. He said that whenever he sees a fan of the Yankees with his nose in the air like he's the shit for supporting a team who has the most championships in baseball, he wants to puke.

Anyway...yeah. More support for my argument that the fans are the basis of the hate for the Yankees. Keep in mind, this was a Braves fan from North Carolina that was saying this to me.

not surprised at all, schill.

i recently shared a story regarding the Yanks-Tigers game last Friday...i was in a bar, all I did was look at the score and say "who saw this coming?" and a Yanks fan says "Are you a Yankees fan?" and I say no...he says "Red Sox" and I say yes...he says "sorry to hear it" and laughs with his buddy then, with no comment from me, says to me "the Red Sox are home watching on TV" and some other crapola....I say to the others in the area "did I say anything?" and I and the rest of the bar just start laughing...he starts fuming and as the Tigers tack on a few more he storms out...

mile wide and inch deep, the Yankees fan base.

on another note, I have a buddy in California who grew up Dodgers fan and says regardless of team association, out in Cali they absolutely can't stand the Yanks for exactly the same reason...in fact many there just plain hate New Yorkers because of their arrogance.