Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich Dad Poor Dad Thread

Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad Thread

To reference your first post on this thread...

First of all he said "If for some reason you actually care about why i do what i do; read Robert T Kiyosaki's book "rich dad, poor dad"....I learned more about money from that book than all my years of schooling"

He didn't say the book made him rich, he said he learned about money from the book. Again the facts eluded you.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    Mtkybr, you're exempt from this, because I'd sincerely doubt you'd join a message board to defend Mr. Kiyosaki, but the two new guys? I'm going to call you guys, Sadie Mae Glutz, and the other guy can be Ouisch. Fair? Shit, you're going to go this far, to defend your boy, I think it's fair to be tagged with the cult nicknames.

I didn't come to talksox to discuss things like this, in fact i usually stay away from most threads that are not in the "talk sox" section....... I spend too much time here as it is This all developed from a gamethread and that's why i am posting here. Reading "rich dad. poor dad" opened my eyes to a different way of viewing the financial world, and it has been a great assett to me----that's why i defend the principles.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Mtkybr, you're exempt from this, because I'd sincerely doubt you'd join a message board to defend Mr. Kiyosaki, but the two new guys? I'm going to call you guys, Sadie Mae Glutz, and the other guy can be Ouisch. Fair? Shit, you're going to go this far, to defend your boy, I think it's fair to be tagged with the cult nicknames.
    I am going to to quickly respond to your 3 shorter posts. I am not defending RK, I just believe the principles and they have worked for me. Not everyone can be successful, I am sorry that you can't be and that you think that name calling is the solution to your problems.

I don't know about your Law 27 thing. Sounds like a cult to me, maybe that's where you got the great nicknames too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vision_man76 View Post
    Yeah, other people who read Rich Dad Poor Dad and found it valuable are really putting your life in peril.

You missed the entire point of my post. I can guarantee that his principles work, and you didn't take the time to respond to any of the facts in my first post, thus proving my point that you are not actually interesting in achieving anything in life, only in tearing others down. Here's the deal, your playing small doesn't serve the world. What good does it do to shrink. Have some belief in yourself! If you don't want to take advice from someone who became a multi-millionaire, that is fine. Find a mentor close to you that can help you achieve what you want in life. I hope that whatever path you take, you will get there. There are many roads to success and I truly hope that you find one.
    Trust me I got your point. "It opens eyes to the possiblities, don't give up." That was YOUR point. I doubt it's the one Kiyosaki's trying to get across.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

To reference your first post on this thread...

First of all he said "If for some reason you actually care about why i do what i do; read Robert T Kiyosaki's book "rich dad, poor dad"....I learned more about money from that book than all my years of schooling"

He didn't say the book made him rich, he said he learned about money from the book. Again the facts eluded you.
    Again the facts elude you. I know he didn't say the book made him rich, show me where I've disputed that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I saw a quote last night, that mtkbyr learned his to be rich from "Rich Dad, Poor Dad." I read the book, and was motivated, but then was confused on how to start up.
    Hello! Can we read? It's obvious that you think Mr. Kiyosaki is a scam artist and a fraud, even though I showed you concrete examples of how his principles are valid, so let's just agree to disagree. You stay on your path and I will stay on mine and hopefully we both achieve success. This is my last thought. "If you buy peoples' opinion, you buy their lifestyle. If they don't have what you want, why would you listen to them?" I would like have the lifestyle of a person who makes multiple millions of dollars, so I will buy their opinions (and books) before I will buy a guys opinion on a Red Sox forum. That's my story. Have a nice day! :thumbsup:

Yeah, other people who read Rich Dad Poor Dad and found it valuable are really putting your life in peril.

You missed the entire point of my post. I can guarantee that his principles work, and you didn't take the time to respond to any of the facts in my first post, thus proving my point that you are not actually interesting in achieving anything in life, only in tearing others down. Here's the deal, your playing small doesn't serve the world. What good does it do to shrink. Have some belief in yourself! If you don't want to take advice from someone who became a multi-millionaire, that is fine. Find a mentor close to you that can help you achieve what you want in life. I hope that whatever path you take, you will get there. There are many roads to success and I truly hope that you find one.

When the crap did 1 + 1 start to equal 13?

Seriously, logic is lacking in your noggin'.

And since when in the hell did believing in yourself mean making more money?
    WTF?