Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: WOW, BOSTON REALLY SUX

Re: WOW, BOSTON REALLY SUX

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me View Post
    yeah I know, but I'm trying to take shots at Arod. I'm starting to hope he strieks out with men on base because I just know he's going to GIDP. People rip on how Jeter gets a free pass from the media a lot of times, well it's because he knows that with men on base, you try to avoid the GIDP!!!!
    And Jeter could win MVP...:dunno:

Mother of fuck. Sorry guys, I've been really busy (really really really busy actually) as of late, and I haven't been able to get anywhere near Talksox. I'm pissed that this was left to go on so long. My bad guys, my bad.

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228 View Post
    He Hate Me, I understand your reponse and I'll get to that in a minutes, but the question was why do Red Sox fans hate Arod. I can see your a Yankee fan so the question is not directed at you anyways, but even that response makes little sense. The Red Sox fans should not hate him because he doesn't hit in the clutch. If anything they should like that about him.

As for your post, have a little respect for the guy. Yeah, they haven't won a world series since he got here, but that's because they have had weak pitching staffs. He won the MVP last year, and he single handedly (offensively at least) carried the Yankees through there struggles to a divsional crown. In 2004 he had a decent season (for his standards) and basically won 2 games of the division series by him self. Against Boston he had a very strong series through the first four game, and then, like everyone else, struggled in the end. If your telling me that he is the sole reason why they lost that series, which a lot of people say, I would have to strongly disagree. It has been a bit of a struggle for him this year but give him a chance. Everyone struggles, but he can turn all of those boos to deafening cheers if the Yankees get to the postseason and he suddenly get hot.

I'm not trying to pick fights, but his own fans certainly shouldn't boo him and get on him about his lack of performance. He hears enough of that in every other ballpark.
    I'm normally a very patient guy who will give anyone a chance. But I've had enough of waiting for ARod. if he won a championship with us, maybe I would cut him some slack. Problem is, he just doesn't have it, which wouldn't be so bad cept he is the most talented player in the majors. The fans gave him every opportunity to redeem himself. Do you know how many times we gave him a standing O in the stadium everytime he comes up with men on base? We WANT him to do well, the boos only come AFTER he messes up. Why would anyone want fans to cheer incompetence? Even if he gpes 0-7 with 3 GIDP the day before, I guarantee you the fans will on their feet cheering him like he's Mother Theresa if he's up in the 7th with men on base. Even though we all know he will fail us, we still give him the benefit of the doubt. If we boo him after he screws up, then the cheers he gets from us will only be muchg sweeter when he delivers.

That's how you train a dog, when he does something stupid, you tell him that, save your praise for when he does something good. Otherwise he never learns and equates failure = praise. Places that are tough to play in always seem to have the most championships. New York Yankees have the most championships in baseball. The Celtics have the most championships in basketball. I don't know how Montreal is, but I've heard they're just as passionate about their hockey team as we are about our baseball teams.

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples View Post
    And Jeter could win MVP...:dunno:
    I think he could win it if the Yankees hold on to the division.

If the Soz manage to somehow comeback from this, I'm almost 100% sure Manny should get the nod. It's about time he got some recognition.

Yeah, Manny is arguably having his best season, a .330 average, he will get 40 homers, and 130 RBI.

We have a new guy, RedSoxOverRated, just ban him now.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir View Post
    Mother of fuck. Sorry guys, I've been really busy (really really really busy actually) as of late, and I haven't been able to get anywhere near Talksox. I'm pissed that this was left to go on so long. My bad guys, my bad.
    It's all good. It gave me a good chuckle...if you saw me, you'd realize why being called a Mexican is hilarious. :lol:
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Quote Originally Posted by metsws06 View Post
    ur right schilling, this is the internet, for all we know you could be wearing lipstick and reading a playgirl mag!!!!
    Wait...is there something wrong with this? Because...

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples View Post
    Yeah, Manny is arguably having his best season, a .330 average, he will get 40 homers, and 130 RBI.
    with a revolving cast of characters hitting behind him, that's the amazing part.