Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Fights, Accusations, & Bull---t

Fights, Accusations, & Bull---t

For what it's worth, I've been a member here for a little over a year. That would put me as about average or slightly above for active members. I have noticed a few trends oner the last couple of months. It seems that some people have a hard time following the topic within a posted thread. Instead, it seems like you can post anything, anyplace, and at anytime. Once that has happened, the typical excuse is " I was just responding to what they said" even if it was way off topic. Take the time to read the thread that you're responding to. Meaning, read the prior posts and think of intelligent response. Posting a smiley, several words ( especially negative / insulting ), one sentence of babble isn't conducive to an intelligent discussion on the topic. Picking fights, baiting, name calling, and continuous use of profanity add nothing to the site or your esteem as a poster. This site has grown and developed into one of the best on the internet. This has been accomplished through hard work and sacrifice by Yeszir, the Mods,and contributing members ( Sox, Yanks, and others ). We like being an elite site and want to keep it that way. So next time, before you hit post, think about whether this information adds anything and / or does this information really represent the best that you can contribute. Or maybe you're just looking to piss people off, and Talksox is just one of many sites you visit. If you are part of the former, great. Help Talksox to maintain and improve its growth. If you're part of the latter, we don't need you here.
    Help keep Talksox a fun and relaxing place to visit. We all have enough stress to deal with, we don't need it here.

Re: Fights, Accusations, & Bull---t

Yeah, if we're going to fight, take it to fights and crap, or PM's. I know I haven't been a superb poster here, but it just trashes the boards and makes it more difficult to read for the people who are just here to talk baseball. Good job, SFOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples View Post
    Yeah, if we're going to fight, take it to fights and crap, or PM's. I know I haven't been a superb poster here, but it just trashes the boards and makes it more difficult to read for the people who are just here to talk baseball. Good job, SFOC.
    You're doing fine. We all have our good and bad days ( obviously, myself included ). Hopefully, the positives outweigh the negatives.

It's a fun and informative site. Let's keep it that way. We usually don't go at each others throats after a 3 game winning streak.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Yes SIR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's a fun and informative site. Let's keep it that way. We usually don't go at each others throats after a 3 game winning streak.
    Well said.

Maybe we should remind everyone to take a look at the rules below. Also some people that instigate should be pointed out maybe anonymously and if someones name comes up a lot from respected members, the staff should look into it. This should be in feedback.

I agree. Good post sir. I must say that in my short time on here, I have seen a lot of instigation amongst the red sox fans. Going back to the past posts I have read, I saw a lot of instigation of yankee fans by red sox fans and vice versa. Instigators should be squashed, no matter their alignment, because those responding to garbage posts are doing what any natural human being would do, reacting to an environment. If you fix the environment, you lack the need to react to it. That is how it should be. [/soapbox]