Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Ryan Kalish

This is my rifle....

Ryan Kalish

I'm not adopting him, but he's in the system, so I am starting his thread.

Age: 18; Born: March 28, 1988, Shrewsbury, NJ; Height: 6-1; Weight: 205; Bats: Left; Throws: Left; Drafted: 9th round, 2006; How Acquired: Draft; High School: Red Bank Catholic HS (NJ); ETA: 2011

Scouting Report: Excellent athlete with good bat speed and quickness on the basepaths. Good contact, but needs to work on his swing. Could have been drafted as high as the second round. Hurt by an arm injury in 2006. Similar body and makeup to Trot Nixon. Questionable power. Tough competitor. Red Sox fan.

Yesterday, 8/12/2006: He picked up his first two hits, one of them a dinger, in his 2nd game with the GCL Sox.

This is my rifle....

Re: Ryan Kalish

After almost a month into the Spinners '07 season, Kalish is ripping the cover off the ball and showing some speed on the bases. Pretty good stuff from a 19 y/o.

Signs of an advanced approach (.100+ IsoD, 16/11 BB/K) are nice to see too.

i know i promised i wouldn't but i need to.......he's attractive. hahaha that's all i'm gonna say!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabellifan;276019;
    i know i promised i wouldn't but i need to.......he's attractive. hahaha that's all i'm gonna say!
    .. ..

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._in_arms_race/

out for the season with a broken hamate bone

This is my rifle....

That's a shame. Pretty standard stuff nowadays though. Hopefully he won't require surgery and will be able to play Instructional League ball this winter. Then, on to Greenville.

This is my rifle....

Kalish struggled a bit out of the gate, a late gate due to the injury, in Greenville. He had a small handful of completely horrid weeks to start, but he's started to turn it around lately.

Last 10 going into tonight...

.364/.417/.409, 2 2B, 4/1 SB/CS

He's 1/4 with a walk and a HR tonight. Doesn't look like the power has returned yet as he's only slugging .360 on the season, but things are trending up.

any time you have a wrist injury, there will be a lag. Tabata had his hamate done and he isnt the same just yet. Give it a yr or so to see how the power returns.
    Hal sucks