Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABREEEEEEEEEU

Cool ABREEEEEEEEEU

Oh bravo New York Yankees. Way to deplete the rest of your farm system so you can rent a guy and overpay him for two months while still finishing second to the Red Sox. $4.4 million the rest of the season and $15 million in 2007? A right fielder who has hit .277 with eight homers up to this point shouldn't be making that type of money. Wasn't C.J. Henry, a shortstop sent away in the deal, your first round pick from a few years ago? If your goal is to upgrade your team for one year, your probably did that. Over the long hall, New York is in trouble. Way to think it through, Cashman. Our GM knows what he is doing.

"We came close on a lot of things … countless opportunities we were pursuing …We have a long term plan and as much as we desperately wanted to do something to help our big league team, it would have been short-sighted to sacrifice that long-term plan. It just wasn’t worth it." -- Theo Epstein on the trade deadline

P.S. See you in August for five games at Fenway, bitches.

Re: ABREEEEEEEEEU

Bobby Abreu is now going to go 4-4 (with two HRs) in his Yankee debut and Corey Lidle will pitch a perfect game. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex View Post
    Way to deplete the rest of your farm system
    You're the only person who thinks we gave up anything of real value in that trade it appears.

Amen, man. I think we have too many sox fans panicking.

Lidle: Not the important part of the deal, but is only one game over .500 and sucked as a jay in the east. (I think)

Abreu: Cooled down after the derby last year and has not even pleayed a game in pinstripes yet. Let wait and cross our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1 View Post
    Amen, man. I think we have too many sox fans panicking.

Lidle: Not the important part of the deal, but is only one game over .500 and sucked as a jay in the east. (I think)

Abreu: Cooled down after the derby last year and has not even pleayed a game in pinstripes yet. Let wait and cross our fingers.
    You don't understand, when he proclaims the Yankees are done, they usually storm back.

(Not that I expect it to happen)
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Oh bravo New York Yankees. Way to deplete the rest of your farm system so you can rent a guy and overpay him for two months while still finishing second to the Red Sox. $4.4 million the rest of the season and $15 million in 2007? A right fielder who has hit .277 with eight homers up to this point shouldn't be making that type of money. Wasn't C.J. Henry, a shortstop sent away in the deal, your first round pick from a few years ago? If your goal is to upgrade your team for one year, your probably did that. Over the long hall, New York is in trouble. Way to think it through, Cashman. Our GM knows what he is doing.

"We came close on a lot of things … countless opportunities we were pursuing …We have a long term plan and as much as we desperately wanted to do something to help our big league team, it would have been short-sighted to sacrifice that long-term plan. It just wasn’t worth it." -- Theo Epstein on the trade deadline

P.S. See you in August for five games at Fenway, bitches.

Abreu isn't going to be a Sheffield type producer, but he will help the team win a lot. He is a 4 tool player, with his power diminishing greatly over the last year. He is still a good player, and, despite links to Trot Nixon, has speed, and doesn't get hurt. This will be a valuable guy to have down the stretch. It isn't all about home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    You don't understand, when he proclaims the Yankees are done, they usually storm back.
    Well, plenty of people counted the Yankees out last year and many more have picked the Sox to win the Division this year. After my 2005 prediction, I am pretty sure I have stayed away (or atleast tried to) from saying New York is done. They clearly have talent. However, Boston is the better team -- in my opinion.

Well, plenty of people counted the Yankees out last year and many more have picked the Sox to win the Division this year. After my 2005 prediction, I am pretty sure I have stayed away (or atleast tried to) from saying New York is done. They clearly have talent. However, Boston is the better team -- in my opinion.
    I know. I don't really believe in supersition.

I just think it's hysterical what usually happens when you make one of these threads. :lol:

(Not faulting you)
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Yeah, I know what you're saying Crespo. It's all about trying to get some laughs from Sox fans and straighten out Yankee fans who think they will win the Division. If we were in the Devil Rays position right now (20 games back) and the Yanks were in first, I would be figuring out ways to let New Yorkers hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    I know. I don't really believe in supersition.

I just think it's hysterical what usually happens when you make one of these threads. :lol:

(Not faulting you)
    Crespo, since this is already in fights and crap, how did you get so mature. No more anti-soxfan jokes. Just pure red sox baseball talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1 View Post
    Crespo, since this is already in fights and crap, how did you get so mature. No more anti-soxfan jokes. Just pure red sox baseball talk.
    Heh. Looking back at it now, it was wrong to make those anti-soxfan jokes. I guess the way I look at it is, people are entitled to their opinions, and ideas. No amount of arguing will ever change that. Insults probably kill moving the discussion foward.

Anyway, I'll still take a dig at someone if it is truly stupid, or hyper-reacts to something. Most of the people here, probably aren't stupid. Except if they think OJ was innocent. (Or if you're Clay)

Abreu has never played for a big market team. Wait until they start booing him at the Zoo.

We gave them absolute shit. The only thing we gave up is money which we have plenty. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Rulz View Post
    Abreu has never played for a big market team. Wait until they start booing him at the Zoo.
    Do you understand how hard it is to be an athlete in Philly? I doubt booing is what's going to make him fail in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sox Rulz View Post
    Philadelphia isn't exactly a petting zoo.